Search results

  1. Peach

    Devils Lake

    Are all of the cutties in that lake wild and considered SRC or are they wild residents that stay in the lake most of the time? Also, the only stocked fish that are placed in it are the rainbows or are the cutties stocked too? Peach
  2. Peach

    Bend area in middle of October (updated with trip report)

    Nice day on that lake. Looks like your Eastern Washington Fishing prowess transfers to Central Oregon just fine! Peach
  3. Peach

    Lake trip with used dog

    Nice fish and great looking fishing partner.
  4. Peach

    Humpbacks in the Desert

    Great report as always Brian. I have seen one or two fish with a humpback like you showed but not multiple like you had. Alot of nice fish shown. Peach
  5. Peach

    Bend area in middle of October (updated with trip report)

    Second Brian's recommendation - Jeff has been targeting both East and Paulina this season, with a little more time on East this year. Call or stop by Jeff's shop before your trip and he will let you know what they are biting on at both lakes. That time of year the Browns will be coming in and...
  6. Peach

    Bend area in middle of October (updated with trip report)

    East is not a bad option and can be done in a tube, but watch the wind forecast. I usually launch from the resort and fish the shoals/weedbeds in front of the resort. I have some good days on Crane in October as well, the Quinn River Boat Launch is pretty conducive for tubes.... Peach
  7. Peach

    A warm water lake and a coldwater lake combo trip.

    Thanks for the report Paul. I hit the second lake with Eric M. on Wednesday, noted the water temps seemed high for this time of year and the fishing was a bit slow for us, not our standard ~20 fish trip, but the weather was great and it was good to get out. Peach
  8. Peach

    Wallowa Lake question.

    I too fished near the inlet near the state park. I did hike my Fat Cat down from the highway down to the lake but fished right around the inlet. Caught a bunch of stocked rainbows around 10-11 inches. It does get very deep quick, so focus on the shoals and the channel from the inlet.
  9. Peach

    Hi-Lake Backpacking

    Great Report. Thanks for sharing. Peach
  10. Peach

    I Rarely Fish Weekends………..

    Love the report. Thanks for sharing. Peach
  11. Peach

    Cast right-handed? Psst...You can use right hand retrieve It's OK

    My method is totally screwed up and weird but it works for me. I believe it is the result of self teaching myself how to fly fish and not taking any proper fly casting classes or having someone show me how to cast properly and this was way before the days of the internet and YouTube. Plus I...
  12. Peach

    Merrill Lake update

    Thanks Paul & Phil for basically answering my questions. Odd to think they don't want anyone to park next to the gate, but yet they have a sign to make sure you have your Discover Pass :)? Besides the gate, where else can you park and hike down to the lake? Is it an established trail and...
  13. Peach

    AKC Golden Retriever puppies

    Hope you enjoy your new found time available (fishing is a great time killer), Gary and enjoy the time you have with your two special dog parents that will be solely yours :). Peach
  14. Peach

    Merrill Lake update

    Thanks for the info. Just looking for some clarification. Are we still allowed to fish Merrill Lake if we park on the road at the gate and walk/pack down to the boat launch, in my case it would be a Fat Cat strapped onto my back? Or are we restricted to enter that area at all, even by foot...
  15. Peach

    Hostile Fisheries

    Actually, I think East is still fishing pretty good, just not for me and that is what is such a head scratcher for myself :). It is one of those lakes where others do better than me and for whatever I am just jinxed fishing that one particular lake. I do know it is losing water, not...
  16. Peach

    Hostile Fisheries

    Mine is in the same neck of the woods as Crane (kind of) and that is East Lake. I haven't fished it alot - maybe 5 - 6 times but I haven't caught alot on the few trips I have gone and the fish I have caught have not been over a foot. I have better luck fishing Paulina than I do East. Kind of...
  17. Peach

    "Ice water" Lake, 11 August 2025

    Great report, thanks for sharing. I made the mistake a couple of years ago and decided to hit that lake on Labor Day weekend. Wow did it get crowded with primarily SUP & Kayak folks and few more fisher people than normal plus a ton of hikers and folks using the day use area. The park lot...
  18. Peach

    AKC Golden Retriever puppies

    Meet Benny - our Golden from this most recent litter from Gary, she is sister of these 4 male pups. Benny has been with us for 6 weeks now and she is a wonderful dog. Loves people, smart, and has great nose. She has been a great addition to our family. I will attest on how wonderful Gary's...
  19. Peach

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Well not sure if she is a fishing dog yet - I haven't taken her out, but here is Benny our new Golden Retriever pup that came from @dirty dog most recent litter. She has been a wonderful addition to our family and I can't wait to get her out on the water and I gain a new camp/fishing dog. Peach
  20. Peach

    Portable fish finder

    Third year using the Hawkeye Fish Trax for my pontoon boat and I have been pretty happy with it so far. It does burn through the batteries fairly quickly, but it has accessories which allow you to hook to your 12V if you have one on your boat.
Back
Top