Agree with you Greg - the impregnation and the taper makes the Wright and McGill WaterSeal a little quicker than its Granger/Wright and McGill counterpart. John Gierach liked WaterSeals. He called your 8'6" Waterseal "a good, quick, authorative dry fly rod" with a "nice and crisp" action.
This fly wallet is for lakes and Canada. It's got some extra strong wire hooks which I thought I might need because the cutts in this lake can get big and you have to turn them away from snags and logs. The wallet contains scuds...
Marabou damsel nymphs...
Self bodied Carey specials...
After being smoked out a couple weeks ago, Speyflyfisher and I walked into a kittitas county high lake today. I fished a 9' Wright and McGill Waterseal 6 weight with a full sinking line and Speyflyfisher fished his Monsos 5 weight and an intermediate line.
There were some callibaetis...
Glad you found fish. Tried to hike to the Greider lakes this weekend and the city of everett had gated and closed the entire watershed due to wildfire risk.
I asked my son today to tell me more about the college bros and the bear. He said the conversation went sort of like this.
College Bros: "There's a bear in our camp. What do we do."
Park Ranger who happened to be in the basin observing the bear: "Where is your food?"
Long pause.
College...
Smoke has kept me out of the cascades for the past week. My son, however, reports that the Olympics high country has been smoke free.
He took some brookies in an Olympics high lake on an Adams dry fly.
He even had an unusual audience...
In july 2020 i visited little gee and caught about 30 fish which all looked like this. Big heads and skinny bodies. Maybe the efforts to cull the population are paying off.
I bought my copy of Hierman's book from Bob's widow and she wrote me a nice note. The steelhead fishing isn't what it was but many of the alpine and mid-elevation lakes Hierman talks about are fishing as well now as they did in his time. Some of the Heirman places I've visited...
i figured this lake had a self sustaining population because it was last stocked in 2006. I also saw fry around the shoreline. Agree with you that brookies usually stunt. I can think of one rich central cascades lake at about 3,000 feet where they don’t and another central cascades high lake...