Search results

  1. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Took advantage of the afternoon weather conditions today here in MA9. Was able to bring one to the net and that was plenty for this short 45 minute lunch outing. Had a second one on shortly after but it shook loose. Found this bonus fly on my way down. Maybe its owner is on here. Now for some...
  2. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Tried my luck for Coho in MA9 yesterday before it closed for the season. Hit one beach right before low tide and fished for about 2 hours. Only a few hits so I decided to close it up and focus on SRCs for the rest of the morning. Was a bitter sweet goodbye as I had landed a few Coho earlier in...
  3. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Not me but I've been busted once on home water. Made it my profile pic. 🍻
  4. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Posting for clarity. Does this mean only 1 day of salmon fishing all of August in MA9 or does this apply just to Chinook on Sunday? I’m mostly just a c&r guy besides the odd years for pinks so excuse my confusion...
  5. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    @NRC Appreciate the response. Yep, cutties is what I was looking for, the coho was just a surprise. Side note. I just checked and it looks like the salmon fishing is already closed? 18th-20th? Unless I’m reading it wrong? Cheers
  6. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Productive day out in area 9 yesterday. Great overcast day. Hit the beaches (4 total) from around 6am-2ish with 7 cutties to net and ending the day with a nice wild coho that hit in the first 10 minutes. It's been a few weeks since I've last gone out due to 1. the heat getting kicked on and 2...
  7. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Fished the north sound early this morning (7-8:30) before heading out for a long family weekend. Five to net and about 6 that shook loose. Only needed one fly which was a sound searcher (gurgler). Good times.
  8. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Escaped for an extended lunch break this afternoon to try out my new 6wt setup on a north end beach. Picked up a Sage Foundation and paired it with a Spectrum reel. My previous beach setup was a 5wt Redington Hydrogen. There were 3 souls already on the beach by the time I got there. Didn't see...
  9. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Headed south Friday morning to catch the small window with the least wind forecasted. The first beach produced one to the net with another 4 missed opportunities. Second beach already had 3 anglers so I passed. Third beach had lots of active fish but they were just too focused on the chum...
  10. Semper_Fly

    Litter

    This thread is reminding me of the Cedar River during the summer months. Product of the environment I suppose but it's really sad. It's almost impossible to leave some of those spots without filling up a garbage bag with empty cans, plastic bottles and everything in-between.
  11. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Happy to report I was able to break the dry spell this Saturday. Hit the Kitsap Peninsula Saturday morning around 8:30 till about 1pm. Forecast called for little to no wind so it was a no brainer for me to send the hour long drive. First beach was non-productive but I did get greeted by a...
  12. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Same here. Last two trips produced nada down south at a few beaches in MA 13 and MA 11. A few soft strikes to make it not totally suck. But man! To add to that, I'm near MA 9 and one of my local beaches has a very stubborn group of SRCs, possibly rezzies but am sure they are searuns. They've...
  13. Semper_Fly

    What's your fishing rig?

    1990 VW Vanagon Lots of adventures with Betty over the years.
  14. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    I did the one hour each way commute Saturday morning putting me on the first south sound beach right before high tide (7:30 am). I've been getting skunked at my local beaches so I figured heading south couldn't hurt. Things didn't pick up for me till mid outgoing. Only ran into one person at one...
Back
Top