Search results

  1. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Decent day yesterday in MA9 for cutts. Took the first ferry out of Edmonds and hit two beaches. Beach one produced 10 cutts. There was another angler that showed up just a short few minutes after I got there. Looked like they pulled in at least 2. Headed to another known spot that had two...
  2. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Great day in MA9 yesterday. Much needed factory reset for the mentals. Hit beach 1 by 8:30 and the bite was on till about 10. Got to beach 2 by 10:30 that was less productive but did manage a few nice cutts. Beach 3 was a last minute decision based on tide that landed some hatchery coho. Only...
  3. Semper_Fly

    Small creeks

    Oh man. I get it. Hope that streak ends soon. Gotta get out there, man!
  4. Semper_Fly

    Small creeks

    Checked off my small stream adventures yesterday. Didn't get the chance to fish over the holiday weekend due to my partner getting sick for the whole 3 days. Knowing that some of the systems close on the 10th, I took the day off of work yesterday (cough cough) to explore some of my favorite...
  5. Semper_Fly

    TAKEN - Orvis waxed cotton ball cap

    Brand new out of the plastic. Father in law gifted me two and they have been just sitting (only one available). Details here. Local pickup preferred. Located in Edmonds WA.
  6. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Had the chance to sneak out to my local MA9 beach before the weekend crowd showed up. Hit the early outgoing Sunday morning from 6:30 till about 9 with six to the net and a quite a few shakers. It was a mixed bag of rezzies and cutts all on the smaller side. Chum patterns still seem to be working.
  7. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Interesting. Looks like I need to start paying attention to these details! Sometimes when the fish are just biting, it's just a quick pick then a release. I usually just assume SRC. Good lesson here. Thanks Unfortunately the fish in question, I only have a release video that I don't believe I...
  8. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Had a good morning right before work here in MA9 today. Fished from 6:30-7:45 that brought 5 to the net. Mostly smalls in the 8-10" range with a few hovering around 12". Lots of action on the water and had lots of hits. Some bigger fish showed themselves but didn't make the connection. Had to...
  9. Semper_Fly

    What's in your (PIZZA) oven?

    Last night was an indoor oven pizza night. Detroit style pan but layered like a regular pizza. Simple easy toppings to keep everyone happy but this style is always a hit. Been making these for the last few winters to get us through 😁. Been a fan of the Trader Joes super sweet Marzanino 14oz...
  10. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Good to know about pinks there. I'll have to try it out this year. I'm very familiar with this one and just like for you, can be there in 25 minutes. It does get a bit of pressure which is why I haven't been there in a while.
  11. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    I haven't had much luck at that beach for the handful of times I've been there. Let me know if you've ever had/have success there! Hit MA 13, 12 and 10 yesterday. Started fishing in MA12 around 8am and finished around 1pm in MA10. Explored some new beaches (4 total) which made for more driving...
  12. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Last year was rough for sure.
  13. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Had a great day on the water yesterday in MA13. It was a 5th annual guided trip with Capt Dave Dietrich (Adventure Angling). Fished from around 8-12:30. Water was calm, hardly any wind and lots of blue in the sky. Between my buddy and I we landed together around 53 or so and lost about half that...
  14. Semper_Fly

    Mushroom and other wild edible foraging

    Morels will be popping in peoples yards soon as the temps get warmer. I still have a bunch of dried morels from the Bolt Creek fire a few years ago. Last year was good, actually great for Chanterelles. I think I added up around 30lbs over the season. Fall can't get here soon enough.
  15. Semper_Fly

    The Mountain Bike Thread

    That's a looker right there. I think I'm running 38/39's on mine if that dates my gravel day adventures. Doesn't get much use these days. More of a commuter since dad life began (+4 years). With the longer days coming and warmer days ahead, I'm sure you'll break in that new new in no time.
  16. Semper_Fly

    The Mountain Bike Thread

    This number seems overinflated by a lot. Not to be disrespectful. Guessing he might've been trying to boost his sale. Is this a 2010-2014 Specialized FSR?
  17. Semper_Fly

    The Mountain Bike Thread

    Getting this one ready for Port Angeles adventures tomorrow. Should be a good time. Winds won't make tomorrow favorable for SRC fishing so this this'll have to do.
  18. Semper_Fly

    The Mountain Bike Thread

    Yes sir. Served from 96-03. Thought I'd figured out the best user name until I found out it was a company outta the UK? I do appreciate the gravel bike. Personally having started in the MTB world, it made more sense to go this direction. It is a single ring up front which I don't mind. First...
  19. Semper_Fly

    The Mountain Bike Thread

    Super stoked to have found this thread. Long time MTB'r here. Kinda do it all from enduro, dirt jump, cx/gravel and ultimately downhill. It was my first passion for the last two decades and as of a few years ago, fly fishing has kinda taken over. I do get to combine the two at times especially...
  20. Semper_Fly

    Puget Sound

    Absolutely and one of my favorites. Gonna check out their grand opening next week. Shop is lookin sweet
Back
Top