Search results

  1. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Can confirm! Haha it’s friggin painful to watch as he bombs out a perfectly aimed cast only to get cut down half way with a running line knot stuffed in the first guide, ouch !
  2. Kfish

    Non-Fly 2025 Summer Salmon

    Thanks! It’s a Devlin Candlefish 16, a wooden stitch and glue kit I built about 11yrs ago.
  3. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    The pinks were just being snotty today for whatever reasons, full sun, fast current (aka their freeway), all the boats/anglers pressure, who knows how many they’ve passed through by the time they got to us. When we found them in an open area without any boats nearby they preferred flies over...
  4. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Fished again today on @jasmillo boat, a gorgeous sunrise gives way to a much calmer day today. We caught a couple of pinks on the run out with quick buzzbomb casts, an appetizer if you will. Continued to run to the main course and found a lot of pinks and a few surprise coho in the mix. Pinks...
  5. Kfish

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Looks hot as hell :) how was the fishing?
  6. Kfish

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Who is this that’s all ready for a man overboard scenario?
  7. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    It was a lot of running around in the kidney bruising chops until we can find lanes that the pods cruise by. The fishing is good when you are in that golden zone but it doesn’t last forever, they’ll change things up and you have do start all over again :)
  8. Kfish

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Good point, I guess mono isn’t a disadvantage out there with nothing abrasive around and easier to tie knots with too.
  9. Kfish

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    I tried both on this trip, but only the smaller slim baitfish got the bites. I’ve caught fish on bigger articulated squid before on the slide/strip.
  10. Kfish

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    I have approx 6ft total length. I lost a fish at the bloodknot junction between 40lb and 30lb fluoro, my fault for maxing out the drag and not letting it run some more. Next time I’ll just do straight 30lb, I used 40lb because I didn’t want the leader to cut into the fly line loop too much.
  11. Kfish

    Puget Sound

  12. Kfish

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    We saw that big pod of northern right whale dolphins on the way back yesterday as well. They were leaping out of the water, looks like big lanky looking black seals.
  13. Kfish

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    @Tallguy bring this on your next trip, those eagle eyes are not useful if you call out the fish clock directions all wrong 🤣
  14. Kfish

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    I saw that dorsal fin and it was big for being far away.
  15. Kfish

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Fun day with @jasmillo @Tallguy @ffb , @Nick Clayton first fly trip of the season I believe. Started pretty slow, then the action heated up for a while then slowed again before heading home but not without a couple of last minute fish to a total of 17. Nick helped put several in the boat as...
  16. Kfish

    What's in your vise?

    Squids for tuna.
  17. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Thanks to your observations we were able to get those fish farther out. A boat was crucial to reach them.
  18. Kfish

    Non-Fly 2025 Summer Salmon

    Took my son and nephew to fish humpies today, slow at first until slack low jumpers showed up with regularity. It was a run and gun operation zipping back and forth to put them within buzzbomb range. The boys had a fun time seeing huge pods of salmon swimming below the boat chasing their lures...
  19. Kfish

    Non-Fly 2025 Summer Salmon

    We saw a light spat between one boat and another motored sailboat this morning, both fishing. Pretty slow today, pinks are around but not in huge numbers yet.
  20. Kfish

    Non-Fly 2025 Summer Salmon

    Yeah not sure what that’s about!
Back
Top