Search results

  1. jeradjames

    Hunting Beginner Question

    Never hunted for deer or elk but found out last night my in laws neighbors, Chelan County, take deer on their property with a bow. My in laws said I could do so on their property if permissible and I'm wondering how you would go about getting a permit to do so? The neighbors property is not...
  2. jeradjames

    Bamboo in the logging slash

    It was nice to get out before work and fish a lake that’s been on my “to fish” list. Thanks Dave. I tied these pedestrian versions up this week to fish I had a six piece glass rod made by Shane at GrayWolf last year for my backpacking and stocking trips for the Trailblazers. It’s...
  3. jeradjames

    Puget Sound

    With some really big outgoing tides lately, I’ve discovered the beach I thought was primarily a high tide beach fishes even better at super low tides. It’s revealed an endless amount of eel grass bed hideaways that have been extremely fun to fish. Unfortunately, the last three large specimens...
  4. jeradjames

    Occupy Skagit, on steroids.

    They announced more monitoring cuts to all S rivers now…not sure what that means other then even less opportunity. Why do the S rivers all get budget cuts as opposed to other rivers in the puget sound basin or even Columbia tribs?
  5. jeradjames

    Experiment in removing stunted brookies from Skagit County's Little Gee Lake

    Idk this is essentially a volunteer project that the Trailblazers are doing with a Bio who is involved with the high lakes. Besides paying for the Bio's time and the future expense of paying for the YY Brook Trout, it's not really a huge expense. However, it is certainly more expensive and time...
  6. jeradjames

    Experiment in removing stunted brookies from Skagit County's Little Gee Lake

    Here is what Rex had to say about Little Gee... Your summary of the situation at Little Gee is basically correct. Together with WDFW Biologist Justin Spinelli, we have been gill netting Little Gee Lake for 3 years for 2 purposes. 1. To determine the population of the brookies in the lake 2. To...
  7. jeradjames

    Experiment in removing stunted brookies from Skagit County's Little Gee Lake

    Last update we had was in the fall if I recall and It hasn’t been working as well as they planned and we’re considering abandoning the project. However, it is still on going after another effort of gill netting but it’s proving to be difficult. I can ask Rex more if anyone is interested.
  8. jeradjames

    Yakima River

    Had some time today with the wife and baby running around with friends from out of town so I headed over the pass for a few hours. I had really good luck last year right about this time fishing salmon flies so thought I’d give it a go again. I fished pretty high up in the system which I like at...
  9. jeradjames

    High Lakes

    If you're only doing a day trip the float tube is the way to go. However, for multi day trips or really long hikes I really prefer a packraft even if it's not the best tool to fly fish out of. Put a short skagit head on your euro setup if you don't feel like packing a tube/raft and you're...
  10. jeradjames

    Occupy Skagit, on steroids.

    @Brian Miller that is data for the Skokomish not the Skykomish
  11. jeradjames

    Occupy Skagit, on steroids.

    Can someone explain where the NF Stillaguamish Chinook demands need to be in order to have a longer season? Seems like that continues to be the issue with an earlier opener.
  12. jeradjames

    Puget Sound

    Finally seeing fry activity in 8-2. Time to bust out the poppers and gurglers!
  13. jeradjames

    Horsefly Strain Rainbow

    Ross lake has it's own strain of rainbow trout that are collected and used as broodstock for some high lakes still.
  14. jeradjames

    NFR Elk Herd in Carnation

    Love Fuji cameras. I have an older XT3 and Instax for fun.
  15. jeradjames

    Occupy Skagit, on steroids.

    I'm a part of the younger/ish gen of anglers who want to continue to fish these watersheds and have spent a lot of time on them the past few years but unfortunately I started only a few years ago so I'm still green in figuring out what I can do to help but more than willing to show up. Shops...
  16. jeradjames

    Learning to Row Rivers

    I started rowing in 2024 and took a quick lesson from the guys at Red's. I'd recommend it personally unless you know someone with a raft/drift boat already who's willing to show you the ropes. After that, a session or two on some stillwater near you, I went to Pass lake, and you'll be a lot...
  17. jeradjames

    North Fork of the Stilly

    The sky closed July 8th last year including the SF and all tribs and didn’t open again until the fall. Doesn’t make sense you can’t even fish a little dry fly in the summer on one of the SF tribs.
  18. jeradjames

    North Fork of the Stilly

    Curt, do you recall what year it was that the fly fishers were targeting chinook and messed things up?
  19. jeradjames

    My favorite rod holders for water master Kodiak or Grizzly

    Thanks, I’ll probably do that at some point. For now, I place the butt end of the rod in the PVC zipper bag on the inside and point the rod tip backwards. It works totally fine but I’m also not rowing in technical water with my Kodiak.
Back
Top