Search results

  1. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    It was rough, I almost went down on the front deck a couple times from those rollers :)
  2. Kfish

    What's in your vise?

    Beneath the mirrored skies We cast our fragile lies For trout are trout And flies are flies
  3. Kfish

    What's in your vise?

    Yep they’re reflections from my ring light.
  4. Kfish

    What's in your vise?

    Some small stuff for searuns.
  5. Kfish

    What's in your vise?

    Some surf perch flies for California beaches later this month.
  6. Kfish

    What have you done for your boat lately?

    I added Boondox landing gear on my kayak. It's a bar that spans across, hard plastic backing plates below inside the hull and also on top. The legs are square shaped at the end and slide into their slots, deployed and up position. This way I don't have to tip the kayak over on it's side (which...
  7. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Lots of folks out squidding, took a while to find a good sized school to catch them consistently. Could have gotten more but this was more than enough. Jason’s boat is now floating modern art. Vietnamese stuffed squids tonight with congee. Tried to replicate the way my grandma used to...
  8. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    The plan was for a combo searuns and squids this morning but could only manage some squids, no signs of cutts. Kind of slow out there, missed a bunch because they were deep down over 100fow and by the time my jigs got to bottom I’ve already drift out or they’ve moved on. Small sporadic schools...
  9. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Exactly this! Also to add that squids show up as flat horizontal dashes often stacked on top of each others near the bottom. Not arches like with fish.
  10. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    I’ve never seen an iceberg in Puget Sound in all of the 35 years I’ve been fishing it!
  11. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Squidding was pretty slow today, not sure if the tide exchange was too much or what. Nice to meet @VMP this morning, I think he did better than me :)
  12. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Short session this morning, fishing was pretty good overall and my landing rate improved. Redemption for last weekend you could say. Happy thanksgiving everyone!
  13. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Went cutty fishing on Saturday, it was slow at the first area so I didn’t spend a ton of time there and went to another spot. Much better action, 3 solid fish in the mix but I lost them all. It’s one of those days. They seems to be a strong preference for a @Stonedfish silvery clouser vs pink...
  14. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Were these the candles or the carbide kind? 🤣
  15. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Being a Dirt Bagger incognito I would say you have a good start already:)
  16. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    I used my uv fly tying light too :)
  17. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    I’ve had squid ink pasta before in Venice, it was delicious!
  18. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    I’m new to squid fishing myself and have learned this is what squid looks like on sonar. A big school shows up as horizontal stripes near the bottom, this is a bad picture but you get the idea. I use 3 jigs with he heaviest on the bottom, about a foot of 40lb mono in between them and half...
  19. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Quick 2hr squidding session this morning, not too shabby for my first time ever. Thanks to @Northern for the fine kayak choice recommendation.
  20. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Fun day, fish were spread out all over. Some seemingly random singles here and there but there were some pods that’s bunched up in certain spots and we even managed a double of solid fish. Saw one nice fish that jumped frantically several times and observed it scratching its side on the bottom...
Back
Top