Search results

  1. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    Without knowing their lifecycle, sounds more like spawning behavior to me.
  2. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    0-3 this morning. Doh. They were flirtatious but nipping rather than hitting with force.
  3. Burt Dagger

    Awesome lunar eclipse outside right now!

    We got these eclipses comin’ in
  4. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    Quick, you gotta warn your beach-swimming paramour! Stonedfish’s beachy romance is about to take a dark turn.
  5. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    1-1 today on the buzz bomb + custom fly hootchie in between digging sand holes to bunker the toddlers in. Agree with @jasmillo that the fish seemed present and uninterested earlier in the weekend. Other than a rezzie opening weekend and my first beach king, I’ve had a crummy season despite...
  6. Burt Dagger

    Fish and Culverts

    Have you done an internet search for environmental impact studies? Have you contacted the agency to ask questions? Your post makes a logical leap from “this newspaper article has no info on fish impact” to “no one did any research on fish impact.”
  7. Burt Dagger

    If You Could Create Your Own Fish

    A coho salmon that’s contractually obligated to stay within 100 ft of shore during the months of August-October.
  8. Burt Dagger

    I realized something today

    I’ve heard the phrase “get a rise out of” my whole life (as in “that’s sure to get a rise out of him”) but had never mentally connected it to flyfishing. It occurred to me the other day that this is a very flyfishy turn of phrase. Two seconds of Google research indicates that the origin of the...
  9. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    If you’re fishing the beach I assume you are, it’s been a huge problem this year. Just patrolling up and down the beach and blasting off as soon as it hears someone reeling one in. Any of you old gizzlers who’ve been fishing the beaches for lots of years recall a time a seal camped out for...
  10. Burt Dagger

    The good boat deal thread

    I’ve narrowed down my Puget Sound boat interests to mostly this genre of Lund 16’. Fits within my pretty restrictive towing capacity limitations but still pretty sound-capable from what I gather. This one also has a bow mounted trolling motor and presumably spot lock. Any of you boat...
  11. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    Fished a west facing beach. No greedy seal, which was nice, but there was an overly friendly heron, which was a first for me. Herring folks caught a few, buzz bombers lost a few. I lost my one solid hookup 20 minutes before sunrise and that was it for me. Except for a surprise greenling! Another...
  12. Burt Dagger

    Sometimes you are the problem

    I’m right there with you. I don’t get as much casting practice now that I have a couple youngins, and I’m hitting that same brick wall at around 80 feet and dumping a pile of line at the end of my cast. No idea what I’m doing differently. Now and then I’ll really launch one perfectly and have...
  13. Burt Dagger

    SFR Lake Mead

    To the extent that climate change is 1) occurring, 2) accelerating, and 3) going to exacerbate SW US drought and heat conditions rather than solve them, we’ll probably see a pretty epic migration outta there in the coming decades. Near-term it’ll be interesting to watch this fall/winter El...
  14. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    Great story. And if there’s a good conspiracy theory to explain why I’m not catching, then I’m absolutely going full tin foil hat.
  15. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    The current actually set up really nicely at Beach 1 right after you left, and an unbelievable amount of bait pushed right onto shore. Bunches of herring doing that thing where they make popping sounds on the surface. Aaaand still absolutely no action - the big jumpers stayed 500 or so ft...
  16. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    I think we were neighbors today - if you’re the guy my first fish swam toward before it spit the hook. Glad you got one to the beach! The seals made it interesting.
  17. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    Nice morning out there but too sunny. The catching was decent for quite a few people. I biffed the two good coho I hooked but got one of these. Right fish wrong time.
  18. Burt Dagger

    Whale tales!

    On the other side of the bridge from what I’d expect!
  19. Burt Dagger

    FS Watercraft firesale (pontoon, 16x48 driftboat)

    Bump. Does anyone want this damn pontoon? Going for $225 now. Drift boat price drop to $2,750. Unlike the pontoon, I use and enjoy the drift boat, so that one’s unlikely to drop further.
  20. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    No fish harmed, but we gave a Tacoma-facing beach a good workout today. Lotsa boats out there despite the sporty conditions.
Back
Top