Search results

  1. T

    Snohomish System to Close 10/3

    Thanks for the clarifying details both of you..
  2. T

    Snohomish System to Close 10/3

    I'd like to know exactly where the "31,836 retained" number came from. How much of that is an estimate versus actual data? Is it 100% comparable to all past years data, or does it have some change from past years, like the electronic catch data coming into it? That's the first thing to figure...
  3. T

    NFR Swordfish

    Neurons are dramatically over-valued. Just look at how many people succeed so well with so few!
  4. T

    Puget Sound

    My boss would like to install Flock camera systems at high risk beaches to identify malingerers and shirkers who should be at work. HR is telling us that AI models will be trained using casting stroke and distance metrics for long distance identification and violations will definitely be...
  5. T

    Tuna 2026

    The only important question is how many you watched your son catch..
  6. T

    El Nino is definitely on its way

    For true apples to apples relative comparisons of el nino strength across years, the climate change corrected data set should be used for the above figure.. I don't think the above is corrected data. it takes about half a degree off the red line above to really better compare temperature trends...
  7. T

    Massachusetts striped bass, August 2026

    One of the best fisheries in the country..
  8. T

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    Same for me and my family. My kids like the tuna sandwiches, they are fast and easy and good lunches and dinners when we get home. Good protein for an after gym snack too. Unlike most, I trim carefully and thoroughly before either freezing or canning. Simply because the bloodline and any...
  9. T

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    Adding to Jasmillo's trip report, we got to see at least two tuna partially or completely jump out of the water chasing our anchovy near the boat. Very nice. Maybe because there was some windswell chop, they would sometimes end up out of the water when a wave trough ended up near the bait? Not...
  10. T

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    Yep. No doubt. Tonight, I got 8 half pint jars from a single loin, with some left over, so it's possible one fish filled my 32 jars in my two canners? I had a loin that was too big to grab with one hand, needed both hands in the bag to grasp and drag out of the loin bag. Maybe that was...
  11. T

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    I am working to retrieve more like Nick does, which may help, though I don't get a ton of chances to watch him closely, he usually waits awhile to start fishing. I am still collecting data, can't really say yet until I try some more different things. I do use a reasonably different retrieve...
  12. T

    20 gage shotguns

    If you are in Western WA, I have a couple cases of 16 gauge ammo for the range and a few hunting loads that needs a home. I pretty much stopped going 10 years ago.
  13. T

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    I just lick my hands after handling the fish. It's enough.
  14. T

    If You Could Create Your Own Fish

    With 33,000 species of fish, we don't actually have any actual design problems, those are all covered, but we do have substantial maintenance issues. -a fish janitor.
  15. T

    Tuna 2026

    Agree on the very fun day and fishing a new boat. For the record, the jig rod came out for three stops, when the day hadn't really gotten going and the fish seemed picky, but still there, I simply wanted to put some mass on the boat and make sure we all went home with a nice bag of groceries...
  16. T

    Puget Sound

    Did they have any idea you were sculpin fishing Ira? Were you constantly pulling out the net for the nicer staghorns? I could see where that would lead to a crowd, and later, deep confusion.
  17. T

    Puget Sound

    Might also depend on what the consequences of going 30% and 20% over quota for each of the areas are. 6 days sounds nice, but I would take 3-4 days for kings if it returned us to coho and pinks remain open on all other days after the July 15th opener.
  18. T

    Has anyone made cased sausage? Worth the trouble?

    Grew up poor in the woods, so I am familiar with lots of things like this, at least a long time ago. Don't underestimate the commitment aspect: there is a bunch of equipment costs involved, as Mossback states. Lots of cleaning. Plus it's a somewhat time consuming bulk food process, so you make...
  19. T

    Bulk sinking line source?

    Doubt they have the T-85 class sinking line you really want.. Good luck with your latest version, hope that finish process works out for you.
Back
Top