Search results

  1. DryFly82

    Winter Lake Report

    Beautiful. I always figured that lake would be iced over by this time of year. Did you catch fish across the water column or were they all hugging the bottom?
  2. DryFly82

    2025 Fishify Wrapped

    I fish with my kids a lot, so we usually name fish A-Z using some character theme (Harry potter, baseball players, video games)...that helps keep track of the numbers. Not perfect, but gets me within +/- 5%.
  3. DryFly82

    2025 Fishify Wrapped

    All the kids were excited to get their Spotify Wrapped summary of their 2025 listening habits. I keep a detailed fishing log, so I just was able to put together a Wrapped version of my 2025 fishing habits. Total Days Fished: 60 Most Fished Water Type: Lakes Most Fished Method: Indicator Most...
  4. DryFly82

    NFR College Football 2025

    100%. ESPN owns the college football playoff. ESPN is tied to the SEC. Notre Dame is an NBC product. If you listened to any ESPN broadcasts or shows this weekend it was pretty clear that their staff had been given the talking points to support the SEC team (regardless of outcome). It's...
  5. DryFly82

    Double nymph rigging question

    That sounds like a recipe for a headache. My preferred dropper length is 6" but I sometimes go 8"-10" to allow for a few fly changes...definitely no more than that. I've never seen a need for tippet rings for droppers...the only reason I use them is to keep an indicator from sliding all the...
  6. DryFly82

    Double nymph rigging question

    I tried tying off of the hook for one season and after a while I observed my hookup rate seemed a lot lower than normal for the top fly. I prefer to tie off a tag from a double or triple-surgeon's knot. The other way I do it is adding a backing barrel and creating a sliding dropper with a...
  7. DryFly82

    Fishing the Cool Weather Doldrums

    Any photos of the sparkly white bunny leech? Size? Was it imitating baitfish in that lake, or just serving as an attractor pattern?
  8. DryFly82

    Annual favorite fish of the year thread.

    This 22", 4lb-2oz wild rainbow at Meadow Lake Fishing Camp was my favorite of the year. I caught a ton of bigger hatchery pigs this year, but I'll take one of these wild fish over 100 from the hatchery any day. My 7th and smallest "wallfish", but it was the first time I had one of my boys in...
  9. DryFly82

    Deals at online Retailers

    REI has some great closeout deals on Gregory Baltoro 75L packs at $175 (50% off). Perfect large pack if you want to pack for a few nights of camping and still have space to bring a float tube in for high lake fishing...
  10. DryFly82

    Fishing the Cool Weather Doldrums

    Thanks for the advice. I usually target 12-18" off the bottom. I'll try dropping it down closer with the blob above and see if that makes a difference
  11. DryFly82

    Fishing the Cool Weather Doldrums

    I have heard him say that, but this lake is pretty shallow to begin with. On days with some wind I can usually count on 15-40 fish to the net. It's really just the days without wind where catching 5-10 is a struggle. I see them on the finder, but I just haven't been able to find a...
  12. DryFly82

    More Fish Finder Questions

    @Wetswinger I know the lake you are talking about and my Garmin Striker 4 has definitely been helpful for me there. Even at 10-12' I pick up fish...especially once I've been anchored for a bit. You can't always depend on it to find fish if they are in shallow, but it's just one more piece of...
  13. DryFly82

    Fishing the Cool Weather Doldrums

    Thanks for the tip. I have experienced a few times when the fast troll was the only thing that could generate a bite. Definitely worth keeping in the back pocket.
  14. DryFly82

    The rule of thumb is five or less.......materials.

    Here's a good list of lake flies for trout... Dries: Tom Thumb, Elk Hair Caddis, Adams (regular and parachute) Nymphs: Six Pack, Carey Special, Nyerges Nymph, Halfback, Fullback, Pheasant Tail, Hair's Ear Chironomids, Leeches, Scuds, Waterboatmen, Boobies: 90% are 5 or less. Gomphus are also...
  15. DryFly82

    Fishing the Cool Weather Doldrums

    I am trying to crack the code for catching fish when the wind is absolutely dead. I fished a local westside lake on the 15th and had a good 31 fish day under the indicator with bloodworm and chironomid with a little bit of chop on the surface. I fished the same lake last weekend and only...
  16. DryFly82

    Standup Paddleboards

    I’d second going with Costco. If there’s ever an issue you can return it. We have had 3 different brands from Costco (1st one was returned). Also, I’d go with inflatable for the storage and transportation advantages…inflatables are much higher quality than they were 10 years ago.
  17. DryFly82

    NFR Any actual good online "black friday" or "cyber monday" deals you found?

    All trails has their AllTrails+ membership tier 50% off at $17.99 (normally $35.99). If you do a lot of hiking it can be very useful in planning and on the trail. The + version allows for offline mapping/navigation and more photos of current trail conditions...
  18. DryFly82

    What's in your vise?

    John Kent’s “Hog Magnet”. Hybrid chromie/bloodworm fly. First fish at a local lake last weekend showed mix of bloodworms and chironomids. Why choose when you can fish both? 31 fish later… I decided it was time to restock the box when I got home. Tied in #14 and #16.
  19. DryFly82

    Baseball 2025

    Huge for the M's. Signing Naylor was the absolute must for the M's in order for the offseason to be a success. Hopefully they keep adding from here.
  20. DryFly82

    What credit card do people like

    I've only been late to pay once on accident and it was painful to pay the tax on my own stupidity. When you pay it off every month the benefits are hard to beat though. I have the equivalent of about $4,000 in Chase/Amex points just from buying things that I would have bought anyway. When I...
Back
Top