Search results

  1. DryFly82

    Not again

    32.75" and 14.5" would be a snake. 29" and 13" would be unlikely to hit 8lbs. 31" and 15" should be right around the 10 lb mark. Unless you regularly retain fish it's hard to get a feel for weight just going off length/girth. These are the stats from the 50 biggest wild rainbows caught at...
  2. DryFly82

    Not again

    We still have a local one in Browns Point for kids under 18. Don't expect the kids to win if they are fishing for pinks from shore though.
  3. DryFly82

    Not again

    Need to create a national fish offender registry. How are we supposed to know if there's one of them fishing in our neighborhood?
  4. DryFly82

    New to fly tying

    YouTube is a great resource for step-by-step tutorials. Agreed that woolly buggers and hare's ear are a great place to start. Other than that I would go to the shop where you usually buy flies and ask them to help you pick out the materials for a few of the flies that you would be using on the...
  5. DryFly82

    Broke my rod today

    Awesome. Thanks for the great resource. I'm sure expanding my DIY skills will save me a ton of money in the long run just like my fly-tying does :ROFLMAO:
  6. DryFly82

    Broke my rod today

    Bummer, but it's a good thing you have the other half of the blank still. Any tips on where to go to get started with rod building? I built a G-Loomis 5-wt back in high school with the help of the local fly shop, but that ended up as a victim of a car door. I got the replacement blank, but...
  7. DryFly82

    Annual License fees 2026-2027

    I have zero issue with the price. A combination fishing license with 2-pole endorsement for $97 is less than a day of skiing or a round of golf at a nice course. I spend more than that almost every time I go to the fly shop. It worked out to less than $2/day spent on the water for me last...
  8. DryFly82

    SFR AI imagining...it's fun!

    I listened to this podcast a while ago. It scratches the surface on the issue of stolen intellectual property of artists and provides a way that some are fighting back. Worth the listen if you're interested in the topic of AI generated images and art.
  9. DryFly82

    Bellevue Fly Show February 14th and 15th

    I usually look at the seminar schedule and decide based on that which day to go to catch a few talks. Lots of good info. The fly tying and watercraft technology is usually interesting. It’s also cool to see a lot of the guides and lodges for ideas on future trips. It’s not an every year...
  10. DryFly82

    What are you reading

    Great book, but I could have done without that first chapter though.
  11. DryFly82

    What’s in your boat box/bag (dump)?

    I'd add some floatant, tippet rings, swivels, and a small selection of splitshots...never know when you might need them.
  12. DryFly82

    What was your moment that inspired your transition to flyfishing?

    I would say my 13 y/o year was when I really latched onto it. My dad, uncle, and grandpa strictly flyfished, and I grew up fishing lakes in WA and BC with them, so I was very familiar with flyfishing concepts and strategy...my grandpa would complain about the "hardware merchants" when he saw...
  13. DryFly82

    March Madness comes early…

    I'm still celebrating this one from last week. Only the 3rd win against Gonzaga since my freshman year at UP back in 2000. It's that time of year.
  14. DryFly82

    2 guys that know a lot about fishing lakes.

    "Wet Fly Swing" podcast is amazing and majority of their content is applicable to the PNW and Alaska since Dave is from Oregon. Phil Rowley's "Littoral Zone" sub-podcast has a ton of great info for stillwaters. The other podcast that was really good for stillwaters was "Flyfishing 97" with...
  15. DryFly82

    NFR Superb Owl 2026: Seahawks vs Patriots (official thread)

    East Coast Bias is a real thing. I lived on the East Coast for several years and people out there just do not care about West Coast sports. Fans and media both. When you have to be in work by 7am it's tough to stay up late for prime time games even when it's a team you care about. I don't...
  16. DryFly82

    NFR Superb Owl 2026: Seahawks vs Patriots (official thread)

    Hopefully they are set up for a longer run this time around. LoB was built around some amazing players by a "players coach" and that worked for a short time until the individual mindset took over that locker room on both sides of the ball. I get the sense that Macdonald's approach might be...
  17. DryFly82

    NFR Superb Owl 2026: Seahawks vs Patriots (official thread)

    A complete game in all phases by the Hawks. Glad my kids are old enough to appreciate this one. Dark Side defense lived up to the hype and turned an MVP candidate into Drake Meh. I wish they could have got the shutout, but in the end they'll still go down as one of the better SB defenses of...
  18. DryFly82

    Brasshead black leech at Pass

    Thinking about hitting up Pass tomorrow before the weather turns for the next week. Maybe I'll have to tie up some cowbell variants. I'll be in a jon boat. If anyone from here is on the lake tomorrow give me a shout on the water.
  19. DryFly82

    Most Popular Fly Rod Weights

    I've got way too many rods for different scenarios, but if I could only have 1 rod for fishing the Sound and lakes in Washington it would be a 10ft 6wt. 6wt because it can cast heavier flies on a windy day on the Sound that a 5wt can't handle. 6wt can easily handle pinks and even though it's...
  20. DryFly82

    Seattle/Bellevue Clubs

    Check out the Hi-Lakers: -Focus is on lakes over 2500ft...endless lakes to chose from near Seattle/Bellevue up the Snoqualmie and Stevens Passes. -Lots of members in the 25-50 age range...need to be in shape to reach many of the lakes -Dues are only $15 a year. -If you contribute 5 or more...
Back
Top