Search results

  1. Irafly

    What Kind of Sculpin is This?

    Actually kind of a mix, but I believe it was a shortfin model with some stag in there.
  2. Irafly

    Balanced Minnow

    A tier named Curtis Kauer on the Facebook group Panfish On the Fly shared a technique of using safety pins versus straight pins to create balanced minnow patterns. I played around a bit with it. The first picture shows the skeleton of the pattern and the second shows a completed pattern...
  3. Irafly

    What Kind of Sculpin is This?

  4. Irafly

    WDFW Black Friday Lake Stocking Fish Stuffers

    This really is a great idea by the WDFW!
  5. Irafly

    Annual Holiday Fly Assortments available

    Would you consider a mini swap? I’ll tie up a dozen of my favorite Stillwater bugs and swap you. If not, put me down for the offer. There are a couple that I want to look at closer.
  6. Irafly

    Methow River opens for steelhead, first time in 9 years

    Out of 8 billion people on the planet, I’d be surprised about anyone having any unique thoughts, but those upper Columbia steelhead are very trouty and as such tiny nymphs and yes chironomids work great on them. So does just about anything else.
  7. Irafly

    Cutthroat fly color?

    Searuns seem to be stupid carnivorous gluttons. Yesterday I landed fish on 6 different flies, from a muted Rickards Stillwater bug, to a flashy Kreelex pattern.
  8. Irafly

    Not mine -- would be a great place to call home!

    I’m in for $80
  9. Irafly

    Pass lake algae

    Not me, if you know me at all, you know that I want more people fishing with me, not less. Bring on the crowds!
  10. Irafly

    WTB: Douglas DXF 10' 5 or 6 wt

    Is this a Douglas Sky rod? If so, is it possible that it is named something else?
  11. Irafly

    Hot new lake fly 😁

    I gave up on “tradition” before I ever started fly fishing. Does it look like food? If a fish thinks so, I don’t care what I’m fishing on the end of my line.
  12. Irafly

    Lone Lake conditions anyone..?

    I deal more in multi colored foam, so I don’t think it was me.
  13. Irafly

    Methow Steelhead Opening 2024

    If the conventional guys found them, the fly guys likely did as well.
  14. Irafly

    Methow Steelhead Opening 2024

    I’ve seen 50 at Millers. Once a newbie to that particular stretch got upset with me when I stepped in 30 feet down from him. That was funny.
  15. Irafly

    Alpine Lakes Extravaganza

    Dude! What a fantastic post!
  16. Irafly

    River Coho Thread 2024

    Dammit, I keep looking at the picture and can’t find it. Why you tease me like that?
  17. Irafly

    Methow Steelhead Opening 2024

    I gave up on steelheading quite a while ago, but this will likely drive me back. Yes, I will fish indicators, yes I will park and watch that indicator float in between several other lines. Yes I will give flies away to gear and fly guys alike! Or I’ll stay home, not sure yet.
  18. Irafly

    Tons of chases/looks, but no bites

    In these situations, I’ll first change my retrieve until something triggers a reaction. If that doesn’t work, I’m likely scaling down. On Saturday, I was at a dock in an area West of Lake Union and noticed a bunch of small 8”-12” large mouth swimming around. All I had with me were some...
Back
Top