Search results

  1. Irafly

    Post your first fish of 2025 here

    I know, right!
  2. Irafly

    Lake etiquette very poor today

    I’ve seen them wear this on their YouTube channel. With my bad eyes, I’d have to climb in the boat with them to read it, that would “back” fire on them.
  3. Irafly

    Lake etiquette very poor today

    That’s the great thing about country, you don’t have to know it to sing along 😂
  4. Irafly

    NFR Happy New Year

    This works so well on multiple levels. It doesn’t make clear what to drink more of, could be ramen broth, or what to care less about, leaky faucet maybe? Either way, hope it is a merry year for all.
  5. Irafly

    Last fish of 2024

    Cracked my ribs, so no fishing in December, but I did manage this in November.
  6. Irafly

    Lake etiquette very poor today

    Did you sing along? Make requests? Missed opportunities!
  7. Irafly

    Lake etiquette very poor today

    I do like the idea of inviting guys to sit in the boat with me. My sumabitch would be if they say no. Just a thought, over friendliness might work better to distance others from you than vinegar. Isn’t the saying “You catch more flies/fish with honey than vinegar”? Guys without ear plugs...
  8. Irafly

    Lake etiquette very poor today

    If I’m the only guy out there and I’m catching fish, I’m inviting other people over, not waiting for them to ask for help, as soon as they show up. I’ll also have 7 rods rigged, not 4, what an amateur. Because of this, I will row near people assuming that on Washington’s most popular fly...
  9. Irafly

    Naked Leader Chromies

    I’ve fished mids an inch or two under an indicator in less than a foot of water. I’ve seen some situations where fish are initially spooked by the indicator landing, but within minutes, sometimes seconds they are back. In many other cases, the splash brings them over to investigate. As for...
  10. Irafly

    The Stonedfish/Bambooflyguy monthly lake dry fly challenge!

    Fixed it for ya 😂
  11. Irafly

    Naked Leader Chromies

    As I said, I know it works and in some cases even better than the indicator, it is just rare that I do it with mids. Now, do I use this method with an intermediate line and leeches… maybe start trailing a mid more often…
  12. Irafly

    Naked Leader Chromies

    This is why the “do nothing approach” to indicator fishing is only a small part of my game plan. I progress through a series of retrieve techniques to discover what the fish want. I rarely ever fish the naked approach, not because it doesn’t work better, but more because I want to watch the...
  13. Irafly

    What Kind of Sculpin is This?

    It is an indicator…😂
  14. Irafly

    What Kind of Sculpin is This?

    No full sleeve, but my tattoo artist would like that. It started with the indicator. The sculpin, fly and line were all together and were a plan for a long time.
  15. Irafly

    Balanced Minnow

    Thread and the past its prime Gorilla Glue. 😁
  16. Irafly

    What Kind of Sculpin is This?

    All me Roper!
  17. Irafly

    Balanced Minnow

    Good idea. Looking at juvenile perch and other species like fat heads, black and white seemed to match best to match the profiles out there.
  18. Irafly

    The Stonedfish/Bambooflyguy monthly lake dry fly challenge!

    I’ll let you know after January.
  19. Irafly

    Winter midge surface action!

    Sculpin under an indicator is worth 4 any other method.
Back
Top