Search results

  1. Irafly

    Mixed day

    OMG, did someone say small bass! That LMB is perfect! I love running into a gang of those out on a lake.
  2. Irafly

    How do you rig 2 flies?

    To be fair, I have not finished the whole book, so there is that. I did flip through quickly before I bought it to see what indicator information there was and remember not seeing much. But if he is saying 2’ to 3’, my point is made. I completely agree with the three fly rig under...
  3. Irafly

    How do you rig 2 flies?

    Same book, but that’s about it for talking about indicator efforts, and nothing about distance between bugs. But that’s ok with me, the book is overly informational in other areas to make up for it. He is also focused on competitive techniques, and indicators are not allowed in international...
  4. Irafly

    How do you rig 2 flies?

    I likely read the same book. Not much mention of indicatoring in the book. His distance was more geared toward washing lines if I remember correctly. For indicators, I’ve played with larger gaps with very little success. I mostly stay around 3’.
  5. Irafly

    Oros Indicators in Bulk

    The owner of the company is pretty amazing. @FlyFishDan works with him and might be able to give you more information about bulk buying. As for painting them to make them easier to see, I’ve come to terms with the idea of not yucking someone else’s yumm, and the idea is not any more weird...
  6. Irafly

    Balanced vs Standard Leech Under Indicators

    I still tie some with pins.
  7. Irafly

    Balanced vs Standard Leech Under Indicators

    Once I first saw a jig hook, they became my hooks for balanced leeches. The Ahrex are great hooks.
  8. Irafly

    Balanced vs Standard Leech Under Indicators

    In my “humble” opinion, balanced/jigged patterns fish better as point flies under indicators than non balanced patterns. Both will work but balanced/jigged will provide a better horizontal profile when sitting static, thus more likely mimicking what they eat. I don’t balance/jig my top...
  9. Irafly

    March Madness #5 - Anyone interested?

    Then UConn had to go and ruin it on the women’s side. 3 number 1s and a number 2…
  10. Irafly

    March Madness #5 - Anyone interested?

    All number 1s! That is kinda cool!
  11. Irafly

    Throat Pump Question.....

    On a side note, daphnia should not be ignored. I’ve heard people complain about finding daphnia in throat samples, thinking that the fishing will be a bust. If the fish are on daphnia, it is likely that the daphnia is all that is available. They will eat other offerings, but you have to...
  12. Irafly

    Throat Pump Question.....

    There are not as many species of daphnia as there chironimidae, but they do differ about the same. Different colors do exist.
  13. Irafly

    Random Stuff Lines, spools, boxes…

    Just that, a leather sheath. Sorry no knife inside.
  14. Irafly

    Random Stuff Lines, spools, boxes…

    Rod socks, a reel case or two, wader bag, fly tying tool, neoprene boot inserts, a clothes pin… STH spools and top, don’t know where the bottom is, one spool has an unknown floater and the other an unknown sinking line. Lines are used 6wt Type 5 that broke about 20 or so feet up from the...
  15. Irafly

    Monthly Fly Tying - Brewery or Distillery (Location: Eastside/North TBD) interest

    Unfortunately, we are hosting a family dinner tomorrow. I do appreciate the effort to try to wrangle the cats though.
  16. Irafly

    Slip Bobber Leader

    Tom, that could be the same leader…
  17. Irafly

    Slip Bobber Leader

    Pro Tip, to really set your flies up for success and to give them a little more action in the water, you should consider a spring/coil leader system. Or, it might be time for me to replace my leader, one or the other.
  18. Irafly

    Just over a month out...

    I’m so bummed I wasn’t the one who caught the perch.
  19. Irafly

    Slip Bobber Leader

    Fly line! I use the peg as another visual level for takes.
  20. Irafly

    Slip Bobber Leader

    Yes but not by much. I use heavy flies most of the time that counter that potential issue. Couple that with sensitive, pear shaped, dual colored indicators, and the extra distance and ease of casting I gain far out weigh the slight change in full vertical leader.
Back
Top