Search results

  1. Irafly

    Albacore tuna charter, Tuesday, 1 September 2026

    I am curious who will captain the trip.
  2. Irafly

    Puget Sound

    I swear I was in 105’ even if the finder says 104’. Funny thing is, I set an earlier record of 95’ about a half hour before this. Thanks @Chucker for the pics and doing your own thing while I worked things out.
  3. Irafly

    Puget Sound

    I do love flounder/dab/sole fishing, I’m sometimes really surprised why it isn’t a more fly rod targeted species. They can be abundant and honestly they fight fairly well on lighter tackle.
  4. Irafly

    Puget Sound

    95’, straight T-14!
  5. Irafly

    Another Two Fly Question

    Yes
  6. Irafly

    Another Two Fly Question

    For what it is worth, I do like the Oros for some situations. A few things I do to help my OROS game. 1. I use two different colors mixed together to help with contrast to see subtle takes. 2. I use two different sizes of OROS for the same reason. 3. I played around with an OROS for deep...
  7. Irafly

    Another Two Fly Question

    Pretty much identical to what I do, but I don’t like chironomids as my top pattern. Personal preference. That and that whole peg down thing sheesh! 😂
  8. Irafly

    Another Two Fly Question

    My hook up ratio went way up tying to the eye versus the bend. I also didn’t lose as many bottom rigs when the line slipped off the barbless hook.
  9. Irafly

    Another Two Fly Question

    I need to see a picture 😁
  10. Irafly

    Two Fly Question

    My two cents. Midges ascend the water column in mostly a vertical orientation, so I like to make sure they are presented as such. Leeches and other macro invertebrates tend to be more horizontally oriented and I attempt to present them as such when I fish them. So for me, it is easier for me...
  11. Irafly

    Paulina Lake trashed by wind storm

    My friend was at East early and bailed before it came in. Fishing was good right before things crashed in.
  12. Irafly

    Catching a unicorn & DFL late report

    Great, great, great report! Thank you and I’d say you are crushing it!
  13. Irafly

    Going back a few years

    This summer will be year three for our group of 4 up in that area!
  14. Irafly

    Fish ID at riffe lake

    That is clearly an Atlantic Salmon. What the hell happened to this group? 11 posts in and not one “proper” ID on a species ask! Sheesh!
  15. Irafly

    Indicator fishing / Stillwater

    I absolutely find all things fishing related difficult, I’m a fan of over thinking things, helps settle the voices… This is the paint I’m using. Not sure yet if I love it. Looks fine on the water, but doesn’t coat evenly. An orange highlighter actually works fairly well.
  16. Irafly

    Indicator fishing / Stillwater

    The insert in this case is a straw which is still in the prototype phase. Yes it is designed to keep the peg tight over a longer period of time. @Shawn Seeger started this whole idea using rubber tubing. That tubing felt slightly heavy while casting, thus the attempt at plastic. We will see...
  17. Irafly

    Indicator fishing / Stillwater

    You will no doubt find this difficult to comprehend, but there are many who derive the greatest pleasure in just using a variety of methods to catch as many fish as they can, because they like to catch fish. They also like to share their success with other people. It might be equally difficult...
  18. Irafly

    Indicator fishing / Stillwater

    I might like indicators, hard to tell really
  19. Irafly

    Indicator fishing / Stillwater

    I love two species doubles!
  20. Irafly

    Horsefly Strain Rainbow

    Not gonna tell you. 😁 I’m all for traveling to BC, but this particular lake may not be the best bet, that’s all I’m saying. I bet other guys got skunked that day.
Back
Top