Search results

  1. Irafly

    I was expecting a waterfall 2024/10/06

    Another take with this and honestly with indicators as well is the tip/indicator actually comes up a bit. A fish takes the fly and relieves some of the pressure pulling down the tip/indicator and setting up on that can be very productive.
  2. Irafly

    Monster Rainbow from one of the Seep Lakes 9/18/24

    Isn’t this exactly what Starman did?
  3. Irafly

    Over thinking it.

    I caught fish on 6 different fly rods this weekend. I’m in the more is better camp. Type 7 for the win.
  4. Irafly

    Over thinking it.

    Wait, are those chironomids in that box? 🤔
  5. Irafly

    And So It Goes......................Little Fort Fly & Tackle to Close☹️☹️☹️

    We also heard about this this Summer. Bummer indeed.
  6. Irafly

    The Flyfishing Show 2025

    I can probably make something like this happen. Even get it out on the schedule possibly.
  7. Irafly

    POLL: Pick my fly- Beach fishing

    You freaking won the lottery! Amazing day!
  8. Irafly

    Will we be Fishing For Salmon in Ten Years?

    It absolutely has to do with tradition. But “Tradition” is a very tricky word to thresh out. It is well documented that salmon in all the northwest tribes and many interior tribes were used as “money” and as such tribes harvested surplus to sell. My favorite such story deals with Lewis and...
  9. Irafly

    Got Yelled At

    If you are using a fly line and a bobber, I’m coming over and giving you a strike indicator 😂
  10. Irafly

    Got Yelled At

    Overall, not a great idea. Perception is a powerful thing and regardless of your intentions and efforts to not have a hook anywhere others clearly will assume you are fishing. That assumption will lead to the less informed thinking that it must be open and they will fish it for real. My...
  11. Irafly

    Will we be Fishing For Salmon in Ten Years?

    Let me clarify first, that I do not believe all of the tribes are the best stewards of the fisheries, but the idea that natives would not have evolved their fishing practices from when they first encountered European/Asian immigrants rubs me just a bit the wrong way. The historian in me knows...
Back
Top