Search results

  1. adamcu280

    Looking for advice on two handed beach rods for Baja

    I looked through the previous two handed threads but they’re more about Spey casting, not overhead casting. Seems like there are three two handed beach rods on the market, each at different price points. Echo Boost Beach at $400 Lost Coast Outfitters at $650 Beulah Opal at $850 I’ve only cast...
  2. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    Ad says Gig Harbor. Go get it!!!
  3. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1434737474998251/?ref=search This first gen 17’ Outrage with recent repower is exactly what I was looking for over the last couple of years but now my situation has changed. Maybe it’ll still be around next year. Ha. Edit: I’m not sure if it’s the...
  4. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    I’d be budgeting for a repower but if the hull isn’t waterlogged or damaged then it seems decent. Where’s the fuel tank?
  5. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    I also have that friend who bought a big sprinter and hated driving it around town. Luckily for him he’s in a financially secure spot where he just bought a new Ford Ranger for around town. They’re retired and use both rigs a lot.
  6. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    On our last trip to Baja we encountered a couple with a $200k+ Sprinter that had destroyed an axle or something in a pothole. They shared their experience that sounded like a nightmare given scarcity of parts and logistics that you describe. OTOH I’m pretty sure everyone down there can fix a...
  7. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    Still way more expensive than the rig I ended up with. I do love vans but the newer ones like you describe are $$$$.
  8. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    I was just in the shop down the street from the brand new MBZ dealership in my ‘hood and found out the MBZ rates of $500/hr to diagnose and $299/hr for maintenance. No thanks.
  9. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    Speaking of the Taxman... if your purchase price on the title is not within 20% of "Fair Market Value", the taxman will charge you the tax on FMV.
  10. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    Not camping. CampERing. It's a thing.
  11. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    We’re still gonna be shitting in the woods. :poop:🌲 Everyone’s got a “line in the sand” somewhere! To me, camping is tent or less. Camper is this thing. Edit: this thing is a camper according to WA DOL too! ;)
  12. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    Yoho it is. Smaller overall footprint than the Olympic we took to Baja last time but the layout is superior. Gal is stoked and so am I!
  13. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    I guess that's the capitalist way! Last year I talked to a boat seller in Lake Havasu that had the boat I was looking for... except it was in Lake Havasu. A month or so later the same boat showed up in SoCal for more than 2x the price. Granted it had been cleaned up a bit but not $18k worth of...
  14. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    Update: It’s looking more likely that we’ll be going with a hardside vs. a pop top. Gal’s main concerns are ease of use and ability to comfortably work from inside. The extra shenanigans of setting up a pop top are a deterrent, and we all know keeping her happy is the number one priority!
  15. adamcu280

    As the weather starts to improve, who is daydreaming about fishing‽

    Make sure the transom and stringers aren’t rotted out before accepting and towing from Georgia!
  16. adamcu280

    As the weather starts to improve, who is daydreaming about fishing‽

    Hmm intriguing! I’ll have to see how the healing process goes.
  17. adamcu280

    As the weather starts to improve, who is daydreaming about fishing‽

    Thanks to my knee injury I'm using the Sept. 1 tuna trip and November Mag Bay trip as my rehab/healing motivational carrots. I'm not sure there will be much in between now and Sept. 1 but we'll see. I would love some bonus summer SRC but I'm not going to push it.
  18. adamcu280

    Sunglasses

    Might want to look at Zeal. They're owned by Maui Jims and their Rx lenses are made by Maui Jims but the frames are much cheaper.
  19. adamcu280

    Sunglasses

    I'm a huge fan of my Zeal Optics Rx sunnies. Just got a set of progressives and they are a game changer for my middle-aged eyes. Zeal's parent company is Maui Jim and Maui Jim makes their Rx lenses. Full disclosure: I'm on Zeal's winter sports athlete team.
  20. adamcu280

    Truck campers: Looking for lightweight options that won't break the bank

    We've got the minivans and they're great for lighter duty but I'd rather have the truck + light camper in Baja.
Back
Top