Search results

  1. adamcu280

    Disrespectful attitudes towards wildlife.

    Just wait until we slide down the slippery slope of wildlife scapegoating to sea otters. Then the gloves really come off…
  2. adamcu280

    What's in your vise?

    Sardina variation of Rudy Babikian's Striped Marlin Guide Fly Baja’s months away but I’m starting to fill the boxes in anticipation! This one’s about 5” long on a Gamakatsu SL12S 2/0 hook. The tail is white and tan EP over a few strands of pearl Polar Flash. Three turns of white EP 3” craft...
  3. adamcu280

    Mola Mola are weird, but also interesting.

    Mandatory thread addition
  4. adamcu280

    Looking for advice on two handed beach rods for Baja

    Always willing to learn!!
  5. adamcu280

    NFR RIP Capt Insano Emeritis

    RIP Skip! I always enjoyed his posts.
  6. adamcu280

    Puget Sound

    Got three of these (one keeper) with the buggy whip today. First three on a fly ever. Pretty darn fun!
  7. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    There's a lot of good information about those Whalers (and all Whalers) on ContinuousWave. https://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/18Outrage/ I've passed over any Outrage 19s I've found in my search because I don't want to have to deal with a glassed-in fuel tank with components that are...
  8. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    That's the same hull as the classic 18' Outrage but with a different liner with molded in seat and console. The liner adds about 500lbs and makes replacing the fuel tank a sawzall job vs. a screwdriver job.
  9. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    The motor alone is probably worth ~$6k. Check for stringer separation and poor sealing under the transom cap. Those are apparently Arima issues. Who knows, maybe all this needs is elbow grease.
  10. adamcu280

    Third time’s the charm

    Looks great! Surf perch are so much fun. IMO they're a basic white meat fish. Not spectacular but decent in taco form. Cook them well as they often have worms.
  11. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    Assuming the hull is sound, this seems like a pretty decent deal to get on the water. The Sea Pacer's the open bow layout so it might be easier to fly fish from. https://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/d/bellingham-17-arima-sea-pacer-low-hour/7928198635.html
  12. adamcu280

    Looking for advice on two handed beach rods for Baja

    Great link to lots of information! It'll take me some time to sort through all of it. And yes, NFC won't get another penny from me but I'm sure the folks at Batson can help if I decide to build a rod.
  13. adamcu280

    Looking for advice on two handed beach rods for Baja

    Pretty sure the gal and I are relocating to LV for most of the winter. Got a friend w/ a boat down there so hopefully I'll get some boat time along with the beach time. We'll drive down except this time we should have a bigger time window! :) We'll probably be heading N by April-ish so we'll...
  14. adamcu280

    Good eats near PDX

    I was just in pdx over the weekend. I ate at the Niños Birreria taco truck twice (birria quesa taco three-pack) and gal and I are still eating Bake Shop (on Sandy) pastries. The Pain au Chocolat and the cinnamon puff thing were our favorites.
  15. adamcu280

    A juxtaposition

    If only the tele guy had a Bluetooth speaker blasting some Phish. VT after all. Or maybe Toto
  16. adamcu280

    A juxtaposition

    Stupid EC Tele skiers hitting snowboarders. “Hold the line!” :ROFLMAO:
  17. adamcu280

    Puget Sound

    I have the SA Spey Lite 210gr that I got for single handing with my 6wt rods. There are a few beaches that I like that have limited/zero room for a back cast at higher tides. I've practiced casting with the line and it seems promising but I haven't actually used it in the field yet.
  18. adamcu280

    Looking for advice on two handed beach rods for Baja

    Seems like the 5/6 is the size they recommend to shoot OBS 8wt and 9wt lines. I guess I'd be looking at the 5/6 or the 7/8 if I went up to a 10wt line.
  19. adamcu280

    Looking for advice on two handed beach rods for Baja

    I think so, according to the various podcasts and so forth that I've heard with them.
  20. adamcu280

    Looking for advice on two handed beach rods for Baja

    I have no desire to fish this type of rod in the PNW. I'm going to be using this from the beach in Baja, so hopefully the need to fish to the rod tip won't be that much of an issue. I'm mostly hoping to be able to bomb casts out to baitballs and/or deal with wind. My preference with single hand...
Back
Top