Search results

  1. adamcu280

    Fishing Mentor

    This guy took me under his wing when I was a kid. From about 11yo - 16yo I spent most of my summers and weekends with him and his crew. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Fraser_(Bay_Area_sportsman) https://wonews.com/keith-fraser-a-once-in-a-generation-influencer/
  2. adamcu280

    Most regrettably the time has come

    Good luck with the C and the sale! If I was in a position to buy I'd definitely take a good hard look.
  3. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    I chatted with this guy last June. Apparently he never sold his boat. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4581827678729696/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae11d6e11-7f1f-4b71-8f10-bd36bba2feaa These are the two that I've been looking for for...
  4. adamcu280

    What's in your vise?

    Adachi Clousers because I tie flies for fish that I want to catch! 196
  5. adamcu280

    Custom Rod Builds (Post your own personal builds)

    Very nice! My three home built rods seem crude in comparison.
  6. adamcu280

    Tuna fishermen: 12 Weight TFO-BVK (TFO 12904)

    I mean, I kinda want it but I don't need FOUR 12wts 🤪
  7. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    I used to drive by Hobie’s place on Pole Pass a few times a week during my seabird survey days. Warren Miller’s place was right there too.
  8. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    That thing is awesome.
  9. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    Pretty Pretty sure they are foam filled. Always worth inspecting transoms etc for softness.
  10. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    No rush. There’s always another boat for sale. ;)
  11. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    Been watching that one. I’d look if I wasn’t busted for the summer.
  12. adamcu280

    NFR Talk to me about portaledges (climbing sleeping systems) - your likes/dislikes

    Beats "sleeping" in your harness or in slings. I never got into big walls when I was a climber but if you know you're going to be up there for a while, it makes a ton of sense to make yourself as comfortable as possible.
  13. adamcu280

    What boxes/systems do people like for storing big streamers?

    I'm flying down in November so I'll be going lighter with the gear but the gal and I are driving back down for the winter at some point in December, at which point I'll bring the kitchen sink.
  14. adamcu280

    What boxes/systems do people like for storing big streamers?

    I've been tying up bigger streamers in prep for Baja and was wondering what systems people like to keep their larger flies organized? We're talking big Gym Socks and sardinas and so forth up to 8/0. I've got some Plano boxes w/ moveable dividers, and some slotted foam boxes, but I don't really...
  15. adamcu280

    Boat Positioning for SRC

    I just use a little 3lb grapple anchor and about 2m of chain plus line for my little rowboat. I've fished with a buddy in a 17' aluminum CC and he uses a ~15lb lead pyramid anchor a la drift boat rig. Rig up something that's easy to deploy/recover a lot and don't worry about maximum hold and "by...
  16. adamcu280

    Boat Positioning for SRC

    I anchor in my rowboat and fish for SRC all the time. Gotta take current and wind into account before dropping anchor but I've caught many fish from anchor. Once I've covered the water I can cover I'll pull anchor (or let out more rode) and reset somewhere down the line. I've rarely had success...
  17. adamcu280

    Snow Shred Season 2025 - 2026

    El Niño years tend to suck in the PNW because Mammoth gets all of our snow! ;) I’m following dr and pt orders and am not going to push my recovery. They say I could likely be back skiing in chill mode by the end of next season but the thought of festering in the darkness wo the main thing that...
  18. adamcu280

    Snow Shred Season 2025 - 2026

    Timely bump as I just had knee surgery yesterday! 🗡️🦵🤕🧑‍⚕️🩼 I will not be checking in for Snow Shred Season 2026 - 2027 which will be my first skipped winter in 30 years, but I’m very excited for the consolation prize of a season in Baja.
  19. adamcu280

    FS Eagle Creek migrate wheel duffel 130

    bump! make an offer
  20. adamcu280

    Looking for advice on two handed beach rods for Baja

    I ended up trading for a Maxcatch 6wt so we'll see how that goes. The price was righter than testing the water with a Beulah or LCO.
Back
Top