Search results

  1. adamcu280

    Kodachrome 64

    My sense of aesthetics likes the idea of a slide film comeback, but at about a dollar a click for film + developing 20 years ago, my wallet doesn't! That being said, I still have a bunch of un-shot rolls and Fuji mailers from 20 years ago. Maybe I should dust off the ol' N90s and give them a shot.
  2. adamcu280

    Kodachrome 64

    I also preferred Fuji. I mostly used Provia as Velvia was a bit too cartoony for my tastes. I did like Ektachrome as well. I was mostly shooting whales so I already had a lot of blues and greens.
  3. adamcu280

    What are the 5 most important and most used materials in your flies?

    On my tying binge for Baja right now I could probably just get away with three items: 1. Synthetic fibers (EP/SF/whatever) 2. Brushes (foxy/craft fur/whatever) 3. Tabbed eyes For local PNW stuff it'd be: 1. Chenille 2. Hackle 3. Marabou 4. Krystal flash 5. Bucktail
  4. adamcu280

    What Country Have You Visited and Want to go Back to?

    I had a "Maharaja Mac" in Delhi. Although the only reason I went there was because it was the fastest access to a Western toilet that I could find. I never got the hang of the "faucet and cup" method and Delhi Belly is a real thing.
  5. adamcu280

    What Country Have You Visited and Want to go Back to?

    Canada US Mexico Guatemala Costa Rica Colombia Ecuador Chile Argentina Scotland England Norway Sweden France Germany Italy Spain Switzerland Monaco Albania Kosovo Turkey India China Japan Guam CNNI (both technically US but different enough to warrant listing) Australia New Zealand Kenya...
  6. adamcu280

    Favorite recipes for basic store bought fish...

    These aromatics and the sauce can make almost any fish amazing. If you don't want to steam it, just a simple pan fry and you're good to go. With this dish I prefer the texture and flavor of lingcod and striped bass to salmon or halibut but I've made this using many types of fish and it's always...
  7. adamcu280

    NFR World Cup

    For a casual fan like myself, that was by far the most dynamic and enjoyable match of the tournament. Seemed like the announcers liked it as well.
  8. adamcu280

    Alaska - once in a lifetime experience

    I’d probably go here. I took my captainlicense course with Reed and he sold me on the place! https://goodnewsriverlodge.com/
  9. adamcu280

    Albacore tuna charter, Tuesday, 1 September 2026

    That's a classic proven technique for dorado/mahi/dolphin, but I'm not sure it's such a thing for tuna. Also may be wrong here.
  10. adamcu280

    Albacore tuna charter, Tuesday, 1 September 2026

    two… three… who’s counting ;) I gotta work on that short pump technique. Need more reps! Although some albacore are pushovers and others aren’t. I remember a troll fish one trip that didn’t even make it to the backing.
  11. adamcu280

    Albacore tuna charter, Tuesday, 1 September 2026

    Doesn’t @Tallguy rally with a jig rod? Pretty sure he landed a couple on hardware in the time it took me to get one on the buggy whip.
  12. adamcu280

    What's in your vise?

    Stinger setups for tuna.
  13. adamcu280

    What's in your vise?

    Bottom one looks like a California Neil: coho slayer extraordinaire!
  14. adamcu280

    Tuna Questions

    I know a guy. Wink.
  15. adamcu280

    What's in your vise?

    Rehab is going well. This is just some of the Baja stuff from the last few weeks. Airheads, creases, tubes, bigger things, and smaller things.
  16. adamcu280

    Northern BC & Yukon

    This TR piques my interest in a freshwater trip someday.
  17. adamcu280

    Celebrating Our 250th Anniversary

    Seattle tonight. 20th anniversary of their first album which they’ve playing… so good! Brought me right back in time.
  18. adamcu280

    Celebrating Our 250th Anniversary

    Gal and doggo and I went north and saw one of my favourite Australian bands play in Vancouver, Canada. Granville was pedestrian only and packed; before the show we sat and watched people from all over the world enjoying the evening. Looking forward to some Chinese food for breakfast tomorrow.
  19. adamcu280

    Tuna Time

    If anyone needs a backup 12wt I somehow ended up with three and probably only need two. I got a T&T 12wt from the forum here last year and I’d pass it on again.
  20. adamcu280

    Tuna Questions

    That sounds about right. I still have a lot in the freezer that I need to eat/give away!
Back
Top