Search results

  1. adamcu280

    Deals at online Retailers

    My wallet hates me. Backup waders, boots, and bibs en route.
  2. adamcu280

    If You Could Create Your Own Fish

    I’d take a dorado that tastes like wahoo. Not that dorado aren’t tasty but wahoo is my favorite.
  3. adamcu280

    If You Could Create Your Own Fish

    It'd be pretty cool to have a version of wahoo that's not as toothy (so no need for wire leaders) and occupies the same habitat niche as SRC, so easily available to in the PNW without having to go far or get on a boat. Healthy, not even close to an ESA listed stock so long seasons and the...
  4. adamcu280

    Tuna 2026

    Excellent!! How’s Nick’s new boat as a fly fishing platform compared to the Defiance 29?
  5. adamcu280

    Anyone need some SRC/coho/streamer flies tied?

    I can tie those but I’m entering a super busy phase now that I’m finally ambulating decently. I’ve got about three months of real chores to catch up on. So if you aren’t in a huge rush I will likely be able to get to them in the next couple of weeks.
  6. adamcu280

    Which booties for lightweight float tube hiking?

    These are ok. Easy on/off with the zipper. Sole isn’t as sticky and not as much ankle support as my Patagonia River Salt boots but they’re light and durable so far. I went up one size. https://www.nrs.com/nrs-workboot-wetshoes/pzvp
  7. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    Hope someone here got it.
  8. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    Beauty little skiff! Looks like Devlin built this one himself. WN numbers match up to the one in his write-up. Another time/place and I'd be on this. :) @Kfish didn't you build one...
  9. adamcu280

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    Oh boy, guitar picks! Another rabbit hole for sure. I haven't gone as deep as @G_Smolt. At the beginning of my guitar journey (college take one), one of my picking buddies/early bandmates gave me a 1.14mm Dunlop 500 pick with the advice "This'll improve your tone control". I used it religiously...
  10. adamcu280

    El Nino is definitely on its way

    Yellowtail have been caught off WA and BC per reports!
  11. adamcu280

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    You describe how I feel when I play my electrics through my Ampeg VT40.
  12. adamcu280

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    I will say that ~25 years ago and back when I was more into acoustic stuff than I am now there were two specific guitars that I played many times in their respective shops. A Tacoma koa parlor and a Taylor RSSM Richie Sambora. Both way out of my budget but I can still feel and hear them in my...
  13. adamcu280

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    I’ve done similar A-B testing with guitars and fly rods and am perfectly happy with my choices in both departments! Acoustics are especially variable given their organic nature so it’s worth playing/testing all of them with a paper bag over the headstock.
  14. adamcu280

    The Walker Bay Chronicles

    I’ve caught a lot of stripers from a Walker Bay 8! The WB10 hasn’t been as fishy but hasn’t had the effort. Trout likes to go for rows though!
  15. adamcu280

    The Walker Bay Chronicles

    I think fewer screws would probably hold better than more nails. But even the screws are backing out a bit. I'm kind of annoyed with the collars and hardware but also annoyed that the oars aren't the same diameter as my classic Qualicum oars from Vancouver Island which likely would have fit...
  16. adamcu280

    The Walker Bay Chronicles

    I have a set of the same oars and collars and had a similar experience trimming to fit. Watch out for the pins and screws backing out over time as well.
  17. adamcu280

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    I wish I had the passion and discipline and skills (and budget) to really enjoy a truly high quality acoustic instrument. I've played some nice stuff (Collings, pre-war Martins, and so forth) but I'm honestly more stressed out about handling them and disappointed in what I can't do with them...
  18. adamcu280

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    I don’t have any super premium instruments like @G_Smolt but I do have a first generation top-load Ampeg VT40 from 1970 (+- a year or so) that sounds divine. Traded a meh Marshall combo for it about 15 years ago. It’s the sound of “Exile on Main Street” and a bunch of QOTSA. On a similar note...
  19. adamcu280

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    Zuiko 150-400 zoom lens for my OM-1.
  20. adamcu280

    Kodachrome 64

    Unknown! It hasn't been stored in a fridge and some of it's been X-rayed at least twice, so there could be all kinds of exciting results.
Back
Top