Search results

  1. adamcu280

    Coho run coming up short?

    This is obviously a simplification for a post on an internet forum. Bass seem to like warm sleepy water, like the kind you find behind dams. Salmon seem to like cold fast water, like the kind you find when rivers aren't dammed or dams are removed. See: Elwha and Klamath. I recommend Google...
  2. adamcu280

    Coho run coming up short?

    Sure does. Hmm. We should probably blame wildlife instead.
  3. adamcu280

    Coho run coming up short?

    Ladders and bottlenecks you say? I’d look at those. You can Google them.
  4. adamcu280

    Coho run coming up short?

    Sea World tried that...
  5. adamcu280

    Coho run coming up short?

    Finding scapegoats is always a great idea in the short term, or perhaps we let nature do what nature does and maybe try to control the human factors? Or just engineer up some super otters to take care of the seals and sea lions. MEGA parking lots!!
  6. adamcu280

    Got any bird pics?

    Yeah it was a predecessor to the OM-1 that was unusable. I have the OM-1 and it’s great!
  7. adamcu280

    Puget Sound

    I managed to get this bright hatchery coho as bycatch while attempting to tag SRC in MA7. I was totally unprepared to take one home so the lucky bugger swam away.
  8. adamcu280

    NFR Nikon F-mount dSLR lenses: AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 VR and free* Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6

    When I got this one I was still using a D200 so higher ISO wasn't really an option yet and 2.8 was still really important. When I switched to the D500 I was able to do a bit more with higher ISO. I kind of wanted the f4 version but ended up shooting with the kit 18-200 more than anything. A few...
  9. adamcu280

    NFR Nikon F-mount dSLR lenses: AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 VR and free* Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6

    NIKKOR AF-S VR 70-200 f/2.8 G IF-ED with all caps and case and box. Not gonna lie, this one's been around the block. Everything works and the optics are clean. $400 obo Sigma 10-20 also shows signs of use but functions fine. Buy it for $50 or get it free with the NIKKOR. Edit: or if anyone...
  10. adamcu280

    NFR Reverend USA Avenger guitar and Reverend Hellhound amp

    2000 USA Reverend Avenger guitar and Hellhound 40/60 112 combo amp. Killer "S" style made in USA and signed/set up by Joe Naylor, the founder of Reverend guitars. Hollow phenolic body makes for a super light ~6.5lb guitar. It's in excellent shape but I have too many guitars and some have to...
  11. adamcu280

    Tuna 2026

    After literally thousands of days and nights at sea these are the steps that have worked for me: No alcohol for a few days before you sail. Start taking your anti-puke a day before you sail. Simple foods before/during the trip, but make sure you keep your stomach full and try to stay...
  12. adamcu280

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    https://myflyvise.com/flies/266 Seems like the YouTube link doesn't work there either
  13. adamcu280

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    Yeah I linked to it on myflyvise. Not sure why the mfv post isn’t showing up
  14. adamcu280

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    If these are what I think they are I recently posted them in “what’s in my vise” with a MFV link including video. Last Thursday; post 13141
  15. adamcu280

    Albacore trip, 1 September 2026

    Sounds like a full immersion experience! Also sounds like my knee (and my PT) would have been unhappy with those conditions.
  16. adamcu280

    What's in your vise?

    Crackbabies for @slackline 266
  17. adamcu280

    Tuna 2026

  18. adamcu280

    Tuna 2026

    I’m looking forward to the report! Was supposed to be my big day out…
  19. adamcu280

    Tuna 2026

    I suppose so. Maybe Fury out of Westport is catching them all.
  20. adamcu280

    Tuna 2026

    I’m hearing reports of decent catches off Vancouver Island. Yellowtail, occasional bluefin, and another marlin (off Depoe Bay). And pretty normal roll the dice weather but I don’t track wx closely. Maybe I’m just bummed to miss the season completely.
Back
Top