Search results

  1. ffb

    Sage is no longer on my radar

    I'd guess the average days per year is closer to 5 than 50.
  2. ffb

    What have you done for your boat lately?

    Saltwater is not kind to trailer jacks. Just swapped out for a new one. This one has a grease fitting up top so I can fill the gears full of grease. Hopefully get a little more life out of this one. Also a handy tip is using this corrosion inhibitor on all nuts and bolts on the trailer...
  3. ffb

    Puget Sound

  4. ffb

    Official Beach Line Thread

    They discontinued the Type 3 and the Float compact. They wouldn't tell me why they discontinued it but they told me if I told them what kind of fish I was fishing for and what rod I was using they would point me in the right direction for a substitute :rolleyes:. I did just see this in an email...
  5. ffb

    Satellite Cell Service

    I believe T-Mobile is partnered with Starlink on the satellite texting front. So all carriers will likely have some form of it in the future.
  6. ffb

    8 Day Idaho Cutthroat Bender

    Just got back from my yearly trip to our neighbor to the east. It's approaching about 18 years for me visiting the same area now. I've missed a few years but was especially fortunate to be able to get to go this year and for a few extra days than normal. I recently sold my business and am in the...
  7. ffb

    Salmon rod weight

    Fish the 6wt! It'll be a little more exciting if you hook into one of the 8+lb hook nose Coho but doable for sure. 6ft of 15-20lb Maxima Ultragreen is what I use for leader. You are about to get 100 different answers to that question though 😉.
  8. ffb

    Tuna 2024

    I've had enough of this stoke. Nick's been talking me into this for a while now 😂. I'm onboard for next season whenever that planning starts to happen...
  9. ffb

    Edge Fly Rods mini review

    Looks like a ferrule wrap combined with a guide foot wrap.
  10. ffb

    Outboard help

    You'll get a hang of the carbs pretty quick. It can be a little intimidating the first time, I know it was for me on my old Yamaha 40hp 2 stroke and I have a mechanical background, but all with fuel injected stuff. In the end I had those things off and taken apart and reassembled and tweaked and...
Back
Top