Search results

  1. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Yeah no kidding. For anyone else with a newer Terrova. I don't know if it's the same on older models but at least the new models with "advanced GPS". After you calibrate the heading sensor if you place anything magnetic next to it, it'll make the unit go bonkers. Spot lock was working great and...
  2. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Yeah their customer service is great. My original motor had an issue with the motor itself. Instead of making me drive it to Everett which is the closest warranty repair center they sent me a new motor and shaft assembly and let me fix it. I've been fishing without one for 5 years but it's...
  3. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Yeah @Nick Clayton out fished me for sure, probably because I kept putting him on all the good spots with the new bow mount :cool:. Miserably slow day honestly. Think I'm going to switch it up somewhere new for a change of scenery next time out.
  4. ffb

    Lake etiquette very poor today

    Nothing raises my blood pressure more than a boat ramp on Puget Sound during salmon season. I will launch practically in the middle of the night to avoid the madhouse. Unfortunately that doesn't solve the afternoon return which can sometimes be even worse than the early am lineup.
  5. ffb

    Seattle Orvis Store Closing

    I sold the small retail store I owned last year and am in the middle of a career change attempt. Customer base was aging out like for a lot of other hobbies/interests and I could see the writing on the wall. Part of it though was certainly a fault of mine with lack of targeted marketing and...
  6. ffb

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    My budget 12wt setup has come together now I gotta start tying some flies :cool:. 6 months to go
  7. ffb

    Yeti Water Bottles

    Beats me, mine are covered in stickers so I always wash them by hand. Its just a vacuum insulated stainless cup.
  8. ffb

    Yeti Water Bottles

    I have a couple Ozark Trail tumblers going on probably 10 years that cost less than $10. I was gifted a Yeti tumbler recently and it doesn't do anything better than the Ozark Trail but it did come with a Yeti sticker to put on my truck.
  9. ffb

    What have you done for your boat lately?

    Stainless steel snap toggles with 1/4" screws. https://www.agrisales-inc.com/bbs-snaptoggle-1-4 3 of the 4 holes had plywood underneath the fiberglass. Used an allen wrench chucked in a drill to clear out the foam to make room for the snap toggles.
  10. ffb

    What's in your (PIZZA) oven?

    I think elsewhere here someone mentioned the cast iron pan pizza. This is the version I've followed recently and it turns out a really great pan pizza in a home oven. https://www.seriouseats.com/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe
  11. ffb

    What's in your (PIZZA) oven?

    I haven't done much pizza making in a few years but I got into it big time 10+ years ago just with my home oven. The forums at https://www.pizzamaking.com/ will keep you busy for months. They also have a cool dough calculator tool. I have my eyes on an Ooni Koda 16 when the time and space allows.
  12. ffb

    What have you done for your boat lately?

    Put a hinge in the bow rail to make the trolling motor easier to stow and deploy. Almost just removed the bow rail altogether but I think this will work out just fine.
  13. ffb

    What have you done for your boat lately?

    Well, this has been in the works for awhile. Finally pulled the trigger when some factory remanufactured units became available at almost $1000 off new. As luck would have it, my unit got beat up in shipping resulting in grinding noises from the lower unit. Because the nearest authorized service...
  14. ffb

    Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

    I used to find needles around the parking lot in the shopping center where my business was in East Bremerton. There was a form on the Kitsap Public Health website to pin the location and usually they would come pick up/dispose within a day.
  15. ffb

    SFR Dog owners warning

    This summer my wife was chastised by other dog owners for having our dog ON leash in a county park WITH a leash law. I say double the fine.
  16. ffb

    March Madness #5 - Anyone interested?

    In! I still have a couple flies left from my win a few years ago!
  17. ffb

    Full sink vs multi density for boat salmon

    I had decent luck this summer with the Compact Type 9 in open water basically targeting the same areas I do when I'm mooching, but specifically looking for the bait balls in the upper 20-30 ft of the water column. I think the 3/5/7 will work just fine for that upper water column work.
  18. ffb

    NFR Let's talk about generators

    This is a timely thread I've been considering the same thing. The problem with my property is the well pump has its own electrical service that I share with my neighbor, so if I want power in the house AND water I'd need 2 generators 😞. Not sure there is any other solution for that.
  19. ffb

    NFR Soft truck toppers

    I have a Softopper on my Frontier. I picked it up off Craigslist for $350 after failing to find any used fiberglass canopies and not wanting to shell out $3k for a new one. Overall I like it. It's basically an enclosed bimini top. For the most part I just leave it on year round, I've taken it...
  20. ffb

    SFR Support your local fly shop

    This one hit home for me as an ex niche/hobby retail small business owner of a long established spot. Everything in this is spot on. The stress, anxiety, and frustration ended up being more than I could handle and luckily I was able to find a buyer and get out. I made it a bit over 5 years after...
Back
Top