Search results

  1. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Is it no pinks allowed at all or just not the 2 + 2 limit that everywhere else is getting? From the WDFW blog post: "With the expected strong return of pinks, WDFW added two additional pinks to the daily limit for all inner-marine areas except Marine Area 8–2 (Ports Susan and Gardner) through...
  2. ffb

    What have you done for your boat lately?

    Nice work! I need to do the same, my whaler has a matte finish especially on the inside...
  3. ffb

    The "How was your weekend?" thread...

    If you happen to find yourself in Portland/The Dalles over May 16-18, the Oregon Trail Rally is the next event on the ARA calendar. https://oregontrailrally.com/
  4. ffb

    The "How was your weekend?" thread...

    Before my time but I can only imagine!
  5. ffb

    The "How was your weekend?" thread...

    Spent the weekend in Shelton volunteering and watching race cars go fast. Yes I realize my video panning skills suck but I think you get the idea. Sound turned up for max effect!
  6. ffb

    2025: A Fantastic Pink Year?

    6wt is just fine. Sometimes later in the season I will switch to an 8wt just because fighting 20-30 salmon in an afternoon on a 6wt can get old especially trying to net solo. If I had a 7wt I'd probably fish that all season. Pound for pound pinks pull harder than coho IMO, but without the...
  7. ffb

    Non-Fly Blackmouth 2025

    10 was pretty good on the opener, first time downrigger fishing. Just under 7lbs on this one. Hoping the quota will allow it to open next week so I can try mooching for another one. Coho fishing in June should be very good....
  8. ffb

    Skagit Wild Steelhead Fishery Monitoring - Under Threat of Budget Cuts

    According to WDFW website, it sounds like the application is built and exists but doesn't look like its going to actually be released any time soon with the current budgets being proposed... https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/administration/budget/update#2025-27-capital Mobile Harvest Application...
  9. ffb

    New deleterious regulations for the Idaho Panhandle streams

    The Lochsa has always allowed retention in the lower section. Nothing changed there.
  10. ffb

    LiFePO4 Batteries

    Those will work. I wired up my batteries with the same anderson connectors. My charger also has an anderson connector on it as well, just like that kit.
  11. ffb

    Upcoming BC Trips

    My wife and I went to Victoria at the beginning of December and had a great weekend away. Now this is before more recent events but post election. I could always pull my dual citizen card if needed 😅. We did spend some time eavesdropping on a couple of college age kids talking about the US while...
  12. ffb

    March Madness #5 - Anyone interested?

    What's the prize for being the first eliminated :poop:
  13. ffb

    LiFePO4 Batteries

    The model I have is the same size as a Group 24 deep cycle and only weighs 21lbs. I bought the PowerQueen 20a charger and plug it in at home. At full discharge it would only take a little over 2 hours to fully charge. I'm not sure there is a good way to charge LifePo4 batteries off the outboard...
  14. ffb

    LiFePO4 Batteries

    Part of the reason I took the chance with the 50ah is because of space constraints in my boat. I have only had it out once so far but I think it's going to end up being perfect. The fun part with the app is it shows discharge rate and expected battery life remaining as well. Sitting on just spot...
  15. ffb

    2025: A Fantastic Pink Year?

    I'm hoping we get a chance to fish commencement bay from the boat again this season. That is a lot of fun.
  16. ffb

    LiFePO4 Batteries

    I put a 24v 50ah PowerQueen in my boat for my bow mount. PowerQueen, LiTime, ReDoDO, and I think TimeUSB are all the same company. I paid $175 for it through their eBay store with a coupon. Mine has low temperature charging protection, the BMS will not allow it to charge below freezing. It also...
  17. ffb

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Good to get out of the house with Daphne today.
  18. ffb

    Puget Sound

    I caught a ton of cutts out of my first boat which had a 40hp 2 stroke. If anything was going to scare the cutts, that motor would have, or at least smoked them out. Nothing like trying to fall asleep at the end of the day and hearing an idling 2 stroke in your head.
  19. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Motor running always, bumping in and out of gear to keep the drift where I want it. Maybe an overlooked perk of the trolling motor is lowering the hours on the outboard. Fished 10+ hours yesterday and put about 2.5 hours on the main. That would have been 10 hours on the main prior to the...
Back
Top