Search results

  1. ffb

    Real costs/experiences of an outboard repower?

    No comparison. The 2 stroke Yamaha I put on it was clean and ran well but still had its quirks, it was very finicky on the carbs and I had the carbs off that thing cleaning/adjusting at least once a season. It was loud, it smoked, startup was always an adventure. It had an old Evinrude 2 stroke...
  2. ffb

    Real costs/experiences of an outboard repower?

    2021 was a crazy time for outboards. I spent a couple months just to find a used 40hp 2 stroke and the Tohatsu dealer here was the only place in western Washington that even had a new 40hp available at the time. I'm sure that had something to do with it.
  3. ffb

    Real costs/experiences of an outboard repower?

    Not totally relevant because of the HP difference, but a data point none the less. I got a quote for my old Tiderunner in 2021 at $7300+ tax for a new 40hp Tohatsu, side mount controls, control cables, new fuel lines, fuel/water separator, and testing for correct prop. Over double what I paid...
  4. ffb

    NOTICE OF SCAM

    Any way to disable DMs until 10 posts or something like that? Wonder if that would help at all.
  5. ffb

    Can we have a blue gill thread?

    Those are some slabs! Been a while since I've chased bluegill and crappie. I think I know what I'm doing this weekend...
  6. ffb

    Textured fly lines on vintage rods

    I think it's worth a shot. Worst case is I still need to replace the guides, best case is I can start fishing that 4wt again.
  7. ffb

    Textured fly lines on vintage rods

    Trying not to veer too off topic here. But I'm curious what you did to sand those guides smooth? I have a rod I built and used with one of the original sharkskin lines that wore the inside of the black single foot guides chrome, plus wore some grooves. I hadn't thought about trying to sand them...
  8. ffb

    Lumbar Pack Suggestions?

    I've been using the Patagonia Stealth Hip pack for a couple years https://www.patagonia.com/product/stealth-fly-fishing-hip-pack-11-liters/48143.html# I haven't had any issues with the shoulder strap, normally once there is some weight in the pack it keeps enough pressure on the strap to keep...
  9. ffb

    NFR Cougars

    Saw the tail end of a cougar run across the road and down to a fishing access point I had just fished a few hours earlier in Idaho. Didn't fish that spot the rest of the week 🤣
  10. ffb

    For those of you who knew Ron Eagle Elk

    Lots of memories as a youngster chatting and learning from REE. He will be missed!
  11. ffb

    Most important river wading gear...

    That's a funny looking wading boot.
  12. ffb

    Proof Ball

    Lost me at competitions.
  13. ffb

    SFR Major Rant STOP IT! It stops NOW!

    And little cows for Subarus. "Moo Moo Subaru"
  14. ffb

    Can we have a blue gill thread?

    Love these little dudes. Used to have a couple solid spots when I lived in Bham. Need to do some more exploring down here. I stopped at an old central WA haunt on my way home from MT the other day and all I caught were a few 3" gills and a few ticks.
  15. ffb

    2025 statewide lake opener 4/26 thread... share plans/photos/etc

    It's probably been 15 years since I've done the put and take lake rodeo. I'm not sure what got into me, but this week I dug through my tying material and tied up a few leeches and chromies with what I had. Hit the lake this afternoon/evening and had a blast. I'm not much of a lake fisherman so...
  16. ffb

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Looking for seagulls.
  17. ffb

    Anyone use something like this foam elk hair caddis?

    I've used a similar pattern from Big Y Fly Co when I don't feel like tying trout flies. https://bigyflyco.com/products/neversink-caddis I've used a small orange one during October Caddis season with good success. I like the shiny body on the pattern shown here better though.
  18. ffb

    Puget Sound

    There should be a few pinks in other areas to keep the humpy hollow folks happy :D
  19. ffb

    SFR March Madness PNWFF Auction Lot #2

    I'm a geezer at heart :ROFLMAO:
Back
Top