Search results

  1. Salmo_g

    Watch those scams

    Now that you've put that out there, it will be interesting to see how long it takes until you get that particular offer.
  2. Salmo_g

    Redington RS4

    Not regularly, but test wiggled a couple. A friend has a little 7 or 7 1/2' 3 wt for panfish. The other I checked out was a typical 9' 6 wt. Stiff as a fireplace poker; I don't care for them. Apparently they do have a following however.
  3. Salmo_g

    TV...

    Respectfully disagree. At least baseball is fun to play. Can't say the same for golf.
  4. Salmo_g

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    I have Netflix; come on over! Defense wins football games. Seems like that has been true for the Seahawks more times than I can count. LEGION OF BOOM (second generation) certainly showed up big time in the 4th quarter. Pretty ugly win, but good 'nuff. Prayers for Darnold. And good work...
  5. Salmo_g

    So where's the guardrails?

    As I was reading in an article I recently wrote, it will soon be impossible to protect our assets from theft by AI. This is why I'm converting all my credit union savings, retirement saving, and mutual funds to quality fly fishing equipment. When all my assets are tangible material goods of...
  6. Salmo_g

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    For sea run cutthroat I fish a size 6 or 8 Spade or size 8 or 10 Muddler. However, after last fall I'm leaning more toward matching the hatch with either a dead drifted and then skated October caddis. It was very productive for Shad and I last September.
  7. Salmo_g

    What Are You Eating?

    I was lerned up to drain the pasta and then add a dab of olive oil so that the pasta doesn't stick to itself. I don't know if I've ever had pasta with some of the starchy water left in, but butter likely does the same job as oil to keep the pasta from sticking together. Brute, you cook the...
  8. Salmo_g

    TV...

    I had one of those too about that same time. With rabbit ear antenna. Never lived any where that I could use it. Probably sent it to Goodwill.
  9. Salmo_g

    What Are You Eating?

    What is the marinade? I make stroganoff from a recipe that I think was in 30 minute gourmet. The meat gets mixed with paprika and salt & pepper. The reduction is butter, white wine, and sour cream, which is good, but I think I'd like to try yours if you're up for sharing.
  10. Salmo_g

    TV...

    55", 65", 75" - wow, just hard to wrap my head around the sizes of TVs. It's been years now, but we replaced our old 25" box TV with a 40" flat screen that seemed so large. For a while. Now it doesn't seem large at all. We may need to upgrade some one of these days.
  11. Salmo_g

    SFR Fish Electrocuted in Lake Washington

    I was thinking about water skiers who venture close to the bridges at times to avoid wind chop. Yikes! Zing, what a feeling!
  12. Salmo_g

    2000 dead fish

    Yes, the Seattle environmental establishment supports conservation measures to recover salmon very enthusiastically. In the fine print, however, is hidden the facts that most of those measures don't actually produce any measurable recovery. That is why I have pointed out from time to time that...
  13. Salmo_g

    U.S. Forest Restructuring Plan

    We used to on the old forum (that shall not be named). Were you around for the "swing vs dirty azz nymphing" debates and the various bobbercator debates? Oh, or the personal accusations I received regarding fisheries management that I had nothing to do with? Much blood letting. Threads had...
  14. Salmo_g

    U.S. Forest Restructuring Plan

    Rob, you're contradicting yourself. In your post #19 you wrote, ". . . We at the same time need to shore up SS and pay off our debt. These are things we have to do." You cannot "shore up SS (Social Security) and pay off the $40 trillion national debt and lower taxes. Remember, SS is the...
  15. Salmo_g

    Rain

    Yeah, and I started wearing socks and long pants again this week. I guess that's my barometer for seasonal change.
  16. Salmo_g

    U.S. Forest Restructuring Plan

    I didn't read any statements advocating the confiscation of all the wealth of the rich. That would clearly be counter productive. All I'm seeing is recommendations for graduated tax rates, something that is a sustainable tax policy. Dimebrite posted some graphics illustrating that Social...
  17. Salmo_g

    What Are You Eating?

    Agree, but be careful. In some quarters it's apparently a sin to use ketchup on hot dogs instead of mustard. That ketchup might get you tarred and feathered. I'm in the "the more, the better" camp. I like a hot dog with mustard (preferably stone ground with horseradish) and ketchup (the kind...
  18. Salmo_g

    NFR Japan's Metabo law!

    There's something amiss here. The same 33.5" for all men, regardless of height or body type doesn't make sense when men's height may range from 5' 5" to 6' 6", and some are light boned and some are heavy boned body types.
  19. Salmo_g

    What Are You Eating?

    Come on, there's gotta' be better accommodations than a dumpster.
  20. Salmo_g

    uh, Houston....really?

    Me thinks that robot could cause a lot more than $30 damage while cleaning. Mrs. Salmo says we're sticking with Carol, who comes over every other Wednesday even thought she charges more than $30.
Back
Top