JMoon 6116

A great looking rod. Welome to the spliced bamboo club. Hockey tape works but it can leave a residue. Tom Bowden suggested clear electrical tape to me. It works great, holds securely and doesn't leave a residue. When you wrap the rod you should go it in spirals which don't overlap or a least that's what rodmaker Harold Sharpes recommended. We need to have a spliced bamboo rod outing some time. I have 9', 11', 12', 13' and 14' spliced sharpes.
 
Beautiful! I try to keep the top sections taped between runs, that way I only have to re-tape one section. For me, sometimes I can get a little impatient setting up, so the bottom sections are more sturdy to tape and re-tape as I drive to each run.
That first run of the morning though....it's really nice to take our time and enjoy the craftsmanship as we very deliberately set up and line the rod.
I wish I could trust ferrules for doublehanders as it would make transporting a lot easier....but Robert Clay scolded me for wanting to rush while fishing : )
Good luck out there!
 
Back
Top