Recent content by the_chemist

  1. the_chemist

    Stilliguamish system closure 10/9

    Unreal.
  2. the_chemist

    Coho run coming up short?

    https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/emergency-rules/snohomish-river-close-all-fishing-oct-3-2026-10 Big oof.
  3. the_chemist

    pretty nifty...

  4. the_chemist

    Chehalis Tribe’s intent to charge anglers for permits, issue citations

    The chehalis is navigable water. Below the high water is legal and fine to walk. Also the reservations southern border is the river. The whole opposite bank is private/public land.
  5. the_chemist

    Chehalis Tribe’s intent to charge anglers for permits, issue citations

    Chehalis Tribe’s intent to charge anglers for permits, issue citations If this stands, it will certainly set a precedent.
  6. the_chemist

    Stilli opener delayed

    Nah. It'll open. Upper snoho may open as well is what I heard.
  7. the_chemist

    Freshwater coho flies

    I mean any lure fished long enough will eventually catch a fish. There are just certain presentations which make that time significantly shorter. Swinging flies vs stripping is one of those situations for coho in my opinion.
  8. the_chemist

    FS classic Fenwick fiberglass FF85 2 pc

    I dont need another one of these. But I want it.
  9. the_chemist

    Stilli opener delayed

    News to me. I know a guy who was ticketed for fishing closed waters ~2024. A couple wardens patrolling 2 seem like they are looking for any excuse. Cotton ball catching a pinched barb kind of stuff.
  10. the_chemist

    Favorite old scans

    Grandpa with the bear that was getting into their apple orchard. Black Diamond late 1940s.
  11. the_chemist

    Puget Sound

    Maybe I'm taking crazy pills, but isn't 8-2 normally open for the everety coho derby?
  12. the_chemist

    Stilli opener delayed

    Are those anglers targeting salmon on the north fork in the room with us right now?
  13. the_chemist

    PS Chinook fishery in-season management grade

    Yup. Hatcheries aren't marking like 25% of their fish for "statistical purposes". Those unmarked hatchery brats still count as wild encounters though...
  14. the_chemist

    Stilli opener delayed

    Oh look blatant fucking with our season for their economic gain. They havent had to monitor the snohomish system since February this year and didnt bother with the spring skagit system. Some how 1/10th the normal monitoring is too costly but we can spend $5,000,000 to give the tribes electric...
Back
Top