Recent content by Salmo_g

  1. Salmo_g

    Stilliguamish system closure 10/9

    Yes, they do supply commercial and treaty tribal fisheries, but they don't actually contribute much forage to Southern Resident Killer Whales (SRKW). Here's why: the vast preponderance of Puget Sound (PS) hatchery Chinook production consists of Green River origin hatchery Chinook. (Green River...
  2. Salmo_g

    Stilliguamish system closure 10/9

    I've been feeling that way about a lot of salmon hatcheries for some time now. State tax dollars (yours and mine) are spent to raise hatchery salmon to mainly be caught in Canada, with most fish that return to Washington caught in non-treaty and treaty commercial fisheries. I want an audit...
  3. Salmo_g

    Rain

    Just a skoosh here.
  4. Salmo_g

    What are you playing?

    "anything that calms one down, you should do that thing." I'm naturally calm and chill. Any calmer and I might be comatose.
  5. Salmo_g

    What the heck did I catch?

    Not just a kokanee, but an INVASIVE kokanee. How dare it invade a lake managed specifically for alien warm water species. Write to WDFW. Don't let such an affront stand! I think Smalma's point is really interesting, that the fish is immature since mature salmon are colored up at this time in...
  6. Salmo_g

    UNOFFICIAL NHL 26-27 Season Chat

    Isn't hockey mostly mayhem on ice where some people are trying to figure out if they can develop an athletic sport out of it?
  7. Salmo_g

    Etiquette/Manners Question.

    By the rules of the road, public water belongs to whomever arrives first - for a reasonable amount of time. And in Washington State it is illegal to interfere with someone who is lawfully hunting or fishing. But, you have a boat and more options than she had. So the gracious thing is to move...
  8. Salmo_g

    UNOFFICIAL NHL 26-27 Season Chat

    I never had any exposure to hockey during my formative years and never developed an interest for it. Besides, I'm a hard core fly fisherman; I don't have time for any sissy sports. (Badly misquoted from something I read on some internet forum in the distant past.)
  9. Salmo_g

    College Football 2026

    Huskies just couldn't deliver in the second half. Either that, or they were seriously outplayed by USC.
  10. Salmo_g

    Naknek

    The environment is troublesome for an angler, that's for sure. Just as the fish begin moving into the river in good numbers, the weather gets colder than a witch's t!t. I just hate it when I can't wedge my feet into my frozen wading boots! I don't see why the calendar and the fish's movement...
  11. Salmo_g

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    That's because Seahawk fans are so upbeat. We focus on the positive, not the negative. Morale doesn't improve by dwelling on interceptions, too many penalties, and the other details that made for a losing game.
  12. Salmo_g

    Mushroom and other wild edible foraging

    A bit back from the river into the trees some chanterelles were found yesterday. Shad took 'em home.
  13. Salmo_g

    Rain

    Lower, Rainier to Lyendecker.
  14. Salmo_g

    Rain

    Humptulips up and muddy brown; Queets up and muddy brown; Bogachiel up and muddy brown; Sol Duc up 18" and stained brownish with a good 18" visability and dropping 4 to 6" yesterday. Fish moving, but not as many as we expected, or at least not as many biters as expected. Trout fishing not so...
  15. Salmo_g

    NFR Humor (No political jokes)

    "She's got a chicken to ride . . ." - the Beatles
Back
Top