Recent content by Kfish

  1. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Another solid coho session with @jasmillo and @mtskibum Morning started pretty cold but warmed up with a beautiful sunrise, very nice day to be out.
  2. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    It was the best coho fishing I’ve ever had no doubt. We could have been done in the early morning, fish were caught at every fishy looking stops. Called it done after @jasmillo caught that 7.5 pounder. Air fried collars and a piece of of belly were delicious, froze the rest.
  3. Kfish

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    I had good luck with a slow steady retrieve on my last trip in Aug. Cast out, let it sink a bit then slow strip with some pauses in there even, that got me a few fish. I only strip it fast if the boat is drifting towards the fly, to get rid of slacks essentially.
  4. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    I was 1/2 this morning, lost a big fish boat side and released the second one since it was on the smaller side. Then it was really slow for us until close to noon when I had to go, we jigged for a bit. @jasmillo had the hot jig, he had a bunch of hookups within 15 minutes. We kept one coho, the...
  5. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    It can be very useful for sure to stay with a pod, or on top of a bait ball but also be ready to move quickly since they won’t stay at one spot for long.
  6. Kfish

    Puget Sound

    Weekend recap. Fished yesterday and today on @jasmillo boat, with yesterday being much better than today thanks to calmer wind and earlier tide exchange. We were once able to find several pods of coho on the surface in over 150 fow which was wild, so much fun sight casting to them. I caught the...
  7. Kfish

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    Alright I’m trying this breakfast burrito thing, and took it to mass production level. Taking orders right now! All kidding aside, this should be great for the kids and my lunches. Tortillas and cheese 30 seconds in the microwave, scoop in the scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage and salsa verde...
  8. Kfish

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    Man you guys are healthy, I need to get on the tortilla game, that looks really good and convenient way to eat in the car. I make my coffee, 4 pieces of toast or 2 PB sandwiches, bit of chips and maybe m&m the night before. Sandwiches are consumed on the drive to the fishing ground. Coffee...
  9. Kfish

    Tuna 2026

    I have used it before and it works fine.
  10. Kfish

    Galveston red

    While visiting my wife’s family in Houston, I went fishing with my brother in law in Galveston today. He was able to borrow a couple of Oldtown ePDL kayaks for the day from his friend, these things are very roomy and stable, I like them better than my Hobie Compass. From the boat launch we...
  11. Kfish

    What's in your vise?

    This must be the new pattern, the condom clouser?
  12. Kfish

    Tuna 2026

    Next year I might try it again, but tie it like a kreelex. 2 short stations of material, one on the hook and one on the mono to minimize tangling. Smaller stouter hook could be better too, hard to say.
  13. Kfish

    Tuna 2026

    It’s a typical fly with 50lb mono tail extension connected to a swivel, then spinner blade. It spins nicely in a troll but after it gets hit by a fish the whole thing tangles.
  14. Kfish

    Tuna 2026

    Sorry I don’t know how, its Nick’s video.
  15. Kfish

    Tuna 2026

    Agreed, it makes for great entertainment!
Back
Top