Recent content by JS

  1. JS

    2026 Eastern WA Grouse Opener

    Tough, but just because chukar are tough. They did the standard chukar things, flushed way out and down hill 1000’ down scree, made us walk a million miles, were both in grouse shape not chukar shape lol. I’m hearing from my buddies that there are lots of birds this year, which is exciting.
  2. JS

    2026 Eastern WA Grouse Opener

    Thanks! It’s always been a thing for me, too. I missed hunting them with a dog very much.
  3. JS

    2026 Eastern WA Grouse Opener

    Welp, I got sick for the opener, but we did get out and point and kill some birds. We lucked out and found some very stupid young of the year birds that held tight for my guy to stand on….it felt so dang good to see the summers training pay off. He’s respecting birds, learning their quirks and...
  4. JS

    Special Hunt Draws

    Same here, bro. Year after year
  5. JS

    Special Hunt Draws

    Bupkis for me
  6. JS

    SFR Cooler advice

    My 125 is a Cordova, and I like it a lot. Lots of fish, birds and a few big game critters have ridden home to the cooler in that thing. Holds ice as good as the rest. It’s all in the prep and packing anyhow
  7. JS

    Occupy Skagit, on steroids.

    Small fringe group practicing a blood sport that’s older than recorded history, older than culture, older than humanity. It’s a real ethical dilemma.
  8. JS

    2026 Eastern WA Grouse Opener

    Anyone interested in getting a grouse camp going for the opener? I’ve always focused more on elk and steelhead in September, but this year I want to do a big grouse opener weekend with my Griff pup. Probably a long weekend, potentially a four to five day stretch. Right now I’m kind of...
  9. JS

    Occupy Skagit, on steroids.

    Oh yeah, if you’ve been following the game commission drama it has been wild.
  10. JS

    Occupy Skagit, on steroids.

    Fuck yeah, I’d buy that regardless 😂 Make it Edgar or Griffey though…or Cal!
  11. JS

    Nobody died...not even a turkey.

    I’m hoping this is a joke. We’re headed there in both states, so I guess thumbs up?
  12. JS

    Eastern WA NAVHDA Training Groups

    I will keep you posted! Kirk Lisi is the guy who’s trying to make this all happen. He’s an old NAVHDA salt, and a sometimes fly flinger.
  13. JS

    Eastern WA NAVHDA Training Groups

    Hey there! Do you live around the Columbia Basin, Yakima area, or Spokane and are interested in training with a NAVHDA training group? Do you already have a group who you train with? I am currently being asked by a leader in the NAVHDA trial world to survey and recruit some folks interested in...
  14. JS

    Bird Knife

    Well now I want one of those vintage Buck knives with the hook! I like birds and old Buck knives!!!
  15. JS

    Bird Knife

    I never have just because we were taught to do it with sheers and your hands. Not a tough guy thing, that’s just what we did. That said, I do use a fillet knife to breast ducks sometimes or turkeys.
Back
Top