Recent content by DryFly82

  1. DryFly82

    Fall Trip to Meadow Lakes

    Short Version (for those that just like photos): 4 days, only 1 lake fished, 41 rainbows caught, 8 kept, and biggest wild rainbow of the year. Full Report: First fall BC trip for me since 2021 when our annual trip got pushed from July to September due to COVID. My PB rainbow trout was caught...
  2. DryFly82

    Adult Dragonfly and Damselfly Pattern Recommendations

    Those look realistic and similar to the few I have in my box. The only issue I always seem to have is the hookup rate for me has been poor because of the location of the hook with firmer material in front and behind. Has anyone tried to design a pattern with the hook nearer the butt?
  3. DryFly82

    Adult Dragonfly and Damselfly Pattern Recommendations

    Maybe true. I definitely see them take dragonflies though...and very agressively.
  4. DryFly82

    Adult Dragonfly and Damselfly Pattern Recommendations

    Anyone have adult dragonfly and/or damselfly dryfly patterns that they have fished successfully that they are willing to share? I have a few in my box that will get the fish to rise, but the hookup rate is horrible. There are always a few days a year when the fish are really agressive that...
  5. DryFly82

    Rambling in the high country

    Looks like a beautiful day to be on the water. The days are shorter, but the action can be amazing this time of year with the water cooling down.
  6. DryFly82

    College Football 2026

    It wouldn't be college football without some controversy. The other Broncos get hosed in The Big House. Also, crazy ending of Baylor-Auburn.
  7. DryFly82

    NFR What Are You Reading

    Some good ones from this summer... Deep River (Marlantes). I really enjoyed the link to SW Washington where my dad grew up. Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War (Coram). What's Our Problem?: A Self-Help Book for Societies (Urban).
  8. DryFly82

    The Final Fishing Trip

    I'm glad you guys were able to get out one more time. My dad's best friend and longtime fishing partner has had Lewy Body Dementia for the past few years and my dad never knows which time out will be their last together. The last trip got cancelled just a day before they were set to go. Glad...
  9. DryFly82

    AI and Flyfishing

    Is anyone on here smart on how AI learns? Would it help to create a thread where we post lake pictures and give them all the wrong names? I recall a podcast about how AI was essentially stealing artistic styles using all of the images available online to create new images in the same style...
  10. DryFly82

    AI and Flyfishing

    Definitely. Any photo of a high like with the skyline and/or waterline combined with little pieces of information like type/size of trout and 90%+ I will figure it out. I haven't really used AI to identify lakes, but I'm sure that will make it easier. Avoiding the use of lake names or using...
  11. DryFly82

    High Lake Explorations

    Part 3: I had planned on a few nights at home after the 3-night solo trip before going back out with the boys. When I got home and checked the weather it was looking like potential for rain on our last night (Saturday), so we accelerated plans and headed back out after only one night at home...
  12. DryFly82

    High Lake Explorations

    That makes sense. Browns are fun, but considering they eat trout fry they would definitely be a conflict/concern for the stocking plan at this particular lake.
  13. DryFly82

    High Lake Explorations

    Part 2B: I checked on FS road status at the local ranger station before heading to my next location and found out that my planned trailhead was inaccessible, but I had heard that it was possible to bushwack into the lake. I drove the logging roads until I found the creek that flows out of the...
  14. DryFly82

    Bamboo and a break in the smoke

    Looks like a beautiful lake and that's a great fish!
  15. DryFly82

    High Lake Explorations

    Last year I bought a new lightweight float tube and dipped my toe in the water with high lake backpacking. It didn't disappoint, so this year I've been all-in with exploring new lakes at every opportunity...including a handful of trips over the past few weeks. Part 1: The first lake was a day...
Back
Top