Recent content by dbaken

  1. D

    NFR Billy Strings ticket

    Yep my wife and are heading up there now. Very excited to see Billy MF Strings!
  2. D

    NFR Billy Strings ticket

    Taken pending me figuring out how to transfer it.
  3. D

    NFR Billy Strings ticket

    Have 1 Billy Strings ticket for tonight in Everett. Friend couldn't make it.
  4. D

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    Getting started fishing 1.5 to 2 hours earlier in the morning sounds pretty nice. The trips I've been on the fish have been active when we arrived on the grounds around 8 to 8:30 and then the bite shut down sometime between 10 to 12.
  5. D

    Tuna 9/12/26

    Thanks @SteelHeadDave and @PhilR for the fun day on the water! That was the best ocean I've been out on - which was lucky because we went a long ways to the albacore grounds. And that second fish Phil landed looked like it was past "Donkey" on the scale. My wife Anne had a great first time out...
  6. D

    Tuna 2026

    I'd be interested in this trip next year, but am prone to sea sickness. I'm curious if anyone that gets seasickness has done an overnighter and how they managed it?
  7. D

    SFR Tuna flies

    Some good looking tuna flies there.
  8. D

    Deals at online Retailers

    Yeah, it seemed strange for everything Simms to be 50% off with more standard sizes available. - I even thought about buying extra and reselling them for a profit. Oh well worked out great for me, my waders shipped too.
  9. D

    "Upgraded" from the LVS34 Livescope to the fancy new LVS44

    I ran into a someone at a hike in lake this spring that had a live scope set up on his float tube. Nice guy, enjoyed talking with him and the explanation of what all that gear was. Funny thing was, he spent a lot of time looking at the screen, not really at what was going on in the...
  10. D

    Deals at online Retailers

    Dick's has Simms Freestone Zipper Waders on sale...
  11. D

    Reflections from the end of my first long term relationship

    Listen to some John Prine. Make getting out fishing with friends a priority so you don't get in your head to much. I have no idea what life is going to bring you but at 24 there is a whole lot more coming. Learn the lesson of Orpheus and don't look back.
  12. D

    What Country Have You Visited and Want to go Back to?

    Lot of places I'd like to visit again. Though I found over the years that I always wanted to come back to the northwestern US in the end. If I had to pick one country to go back to again, it would be Eritrea. It's a pariah country now days. But because of that and history of conflict it's also...
  13. D

    John Day

    Poppers and a 3 wt are super fun on the John Day. My daughter's kind of generally luke warm on fly fishing, but is always asking when we're going to the JD. Though maybe that's for the milkshakes at the Dinty Mart on the way home....
  14. D

    I truly don't understand the physics of fly line backlashes

    Looks like quantum entanglement to me. Maybe take the spool off the reel?
  15. D

    Albacore tuna charter, Tuesday, 1 September 2026

    Now I'm jigging curious - that rod is not the broomstick I was envisioning. Tuna on a trout rod sounds - interesting. On fly only trips, we haven't really target fish that aren't close to the boat going for live bait (not including the troll/slide). And I have yet to see jumpers on a trip.
Back
Top