Recent content by CanoeGuy

  1. CanoeGuy

    Chum From a Canoe - Miami Cove (Tillamook Bay)?

    I am thinking about options to catch my first chum. From what I have read, the situation on the Miami and Kilchis from the bank isn't very fly friendly. Is it possible to just walk a little bit from the bridge access points and find space? Is it a crazy idea to fish from a canoe around low...
  2. CanoeGuy

    Cell Phone Pics

    And from Lassen Volcano NP earlier this week
  3. CanoeGuy

    Cell Phone Pics

    A handful from a trip to the OP about a month ago
  4. CanoeGuy

    Fish Species That Defy the Fly

    Sabalo. I read they were algea eaters so I brought some milkfish type flies. Problem is they suck the algea off the rocks - the darker areas are where the sabalo have sucked the algea off the rock. Hard presentation to master. I tried dead drifting flies through groups and they ignored...
  5. CanoeGuy

    Etiquette/Manners Question.

    I would have been upset too. I was thinking about posting a similar question. Sorry if this is a hijack. Yesterday I was fishing a popular run down from the Mecca campground on the Deschutes. A young couple walks down to the river 15 feet from my backpack and other rods on the bank and ask...
  6. CanoeGuy

    Trail Camera Help

    I have cheaper Browning cameras. Triggering is not great but it is fun to see what walks through the yard.
  7. CanoeGuy

    Backyard Wildlife

    this one is wide boy - he is by far the heaviest animal in the group.
  8. CanoeGuy

    Backyard Wildlife

    you mean this guy yeah - nobody gonna mess with him except maybe this guy but I have not seen him in a while
  9. CanoeGuy

    Backyard Wildlife

    Boys are warming up for the big event
  10. CanoeGuy

    Naknek

    Do you see a lot of them that look like steelhead as far as the spot pattern?
  11. CanoeGuy

    Ups and Downs, GSL NWT

    Sounds familiar
  12. CanoeGuy

    Ups and Downs, GSL NWT

    I have popper fished for lakers before and they suck at eating off the surface - sometimes 5 or 6 misses before they get ahold of it. Same for you?
  13. CanoeGuy

    Bolivia

    I think they are almost full for next year already. If you are serious, I would get on it.
  14. CanoeGuy

    Bolivia

    I first learned of kanekalon on a east cape Baja trip in 2020 - our guide liked it for his roosterfish flies. I use it on my LBM jig. I would say the stiffness is: craft fur < nayat < kanekalon < bucktail Not all brands of wig hair are the same stiffness though. I bought one pack that is...
  15. CanoeGuy

    Bolivia

    No. That is a gurgler tied with a kanekalon tail and some other kind of dubbing for the body. Not my fly.
Back
Top