Did a walk and wade on water I've only floated through before. I think the high hit 80 - the morning fish preferred stonefly nymphs and the afternoon they went for stonefly dry. We really live in a beautiful place.
Went today for my first trip to the Cedar this year - One robust whitefish, a ~12" rainbow to hand and missed a couple of others. Euro-nymphing the deeper holes with a caddis pattern. Need to explore other places than Landsburg... The winter floods really did rearrange the furniture out there.
Hit the canyon on 05/08 - very very windy all day, but beautiful. The fish that I could get to eat were feisty. End of the day, they started eating emergers almost under the bank - I just couldn't cast close enough due to the wind. Great day to be outdoors.
Hit the Yak yesterday (4/10) - Tough fishing all day. Landed 2, one took a stone fly, the other took a march brown nymph. I did get 2 rises on a skwalla with a dropper, but no take.
Guided trip was a success - Fished all day and it rained on us for almost 4 hours. Nymphs in the morning, caught about 4 or 5 in the 13 - 15 inch range. Switch to salmon fly and caught another dozen or so including that 22 inch. Learned so much from the guide - can't wait to do it again.