Recent content by Burt Dagger

  1. Burt Dagger

    Etiquette/Manners Question.

    You weren’t wrong to be annoyed, it sucks when oblivious people blow up your spot. But the damage was already done once the dog jumped in the water, so a confrontation doesn’t really fix anything. Better to just grumble to yourself and motor off. As Sartre said, “Hell is other people.”
  2. Burt Dagger

    Got any bird pics?

    Can someone help me ID this bird in my garden?
  3. Burt Dagger

    Rain

    This is basically pornography for @Stonedfish
  4. Burt Dagger

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    Donkeys chasing donkeys
  5. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    I don’t think that fish left any shrimpy stuff for the rest of them!
  6. Burt Dagger

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    I’m not a great judge of soil but I did note that there was some gravel in the load I got last year too. Still seemed better than the bagged stuff available at the store though. I’ve been a little leery of tagro in edible beds as I’m uncertain of what traces of pharmaceuticals etc. remain in it...
  7. Burt Dagger

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    I’m planning to install a couple more raised beds this winter. My experience with establishing new raised beds is that it takes several seasons for the soil to get productive. I typically order however many yards of organic garden soil I need from a local landscape supplier (Walrath), which is...
  8. Burt Dagger

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    That’s nice to hear. I got home from Westport around already dead tired, helped put the kids to bed, and set up my vac packing station. I trimmed the bloodline off the first loin and was like nope, this is happening on an individual post freeze basis for these other bad boys…
  9. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    I’ve always said that having kids is fishing’s equivalent of an ACL tear in other sports. Yeah, you might rehab and eventually make it back onto the field, but you’ll never be the same athlete you were before.
  10. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    They were around the big beach again, although more sporadically. I went 1/4, cookie cutter caught, two brutes lost after long enough fights to make it truly disappointing. Watched @jasmillo and @Kfish drift smugly by in a watercraft at one point, I bet they did ok.
  11. Burt Dagger

    Puget Sound

    2/4 for me in a quick morning session at the Big Beach, one unclipped released. Lots of catching during one particular window, all looked fairly cookie cutter size including mine, no jumbos (“should have been here yesterday” for the 8lbers was the chatter, but that’s always the chatter). The...
  12. Burt Dagger

    Coho 2026

    Make your own hootchie using short bits of flashabou and trailing octopus hook, works well behind a buzz bomb or rotator, and it’s basically flyfishing
  13. Burt Dagger

    NFR Japan's Metabo law!

    Americans will never achieve those waist measurements. We’re all carrying handguns that add 2-3”.
  14. Burt Dagger

    Tuna 2026

    Steve describes it better than I could in his report in the other thread, but to summarize, moderate swell + moderate perpendicular wind waves = kinda corkscrewy
  15. Burt Dagger

    Tuna 2026

    But every time I talk to her about my 12wt she says, “sweetie that’s a 3wt and you know it”
Back
Top