YES SIR SON

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
How long does it take to grow those FL bass he’s catching? The bigger ones would be what, probably 5+ years old in WA? They gotta grow fast down there, right?
Those 5 or 6 plus pound northern strain LM bass from Washington and other northern tier states can be from 6 years to 16 years.old.
Florida strain bass can grow to 10 lbs in 8 to 10 years and don't live as long as northern strain LM. Bass.

Last edited:

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Those 5 or 6 plus pound northern strain LM bass from Washington and other northern tier states can be from 6 years to 16 years.old.
Florida strain bass can grow to 10 lbs in 8 to 10 years and don't live as lo g as northern strain LM. Bass.
That’s what I was thinking. So the 2-3 pounders Roland was roping in FL are maybe 1-2 years old? FL grows bass like the Basin grows trout!

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
That’s what I was thinking. So the 2-3 pounders Roland was roping in FL are maybe 1-2 years old? FL grows bass like the Basin grows trout!
I would say a little older than that, probably 4 or 5 years old.
Here are some stats on bass growth

Shad

Life of the Party
FLY ROD FISHIN'. YESSIR!

Indeed, it looks like he's done it before. Everglades are on the list for the next trip to visit my sister's family in Tampa. Maybe a stop on the way to the Keys....

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So Billy wants to be a bit like the Washington version of Roland Martin. That’s cool. I’m wondering who would be a good Washington version of Bill Dance??
How about Ira?