Yakima Flows

Cliff

Steelhead
The flows in the Yakima should be dropping a bit pretty soon, shouldn't they? Usually, around Sept. 15th?

Cliff

Steelhead
If I am reading these correctly it looks like the Yak has come down a lot, probably wadeable near Clem Elum?

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
That's one thing I never checked. The flows in the Yakima. I used to fish it up around Easton. It is just about wadable all year around. Good fishing all year round.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
That's one thing I never checked. The flows in the Yakima. I used to fish it up around Easton. It is just about wadable all year around. Good fishing all year round.
Much as I love you Jim, this is not recommended. Everyone should always check flows, including up around Easton as up there flows above 400 CFS can be a really tricky wade and misleading when flows down by Roza of 2000 are just fine. Plus it is a good habit to get into, last thing you want is showing up and flows are tough because of unexpected dam releases...

Also, and mainly for selfish purposes, fishing up around Easton is not recommended ;)

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
If somebody is going to wade fish that somebody should no his/hers limitations. I always knew mine when I fished the Skagit or any water that has a dam on it. Twice I waded up to my arm pits to cross a river. But I knew what the bottom was like and there was no current. I used common sense.

I fell down on the upper Sauk. The water was shallow but had a little current. This was when I first started out and back then all you had was those heavy rubber waders. I was wearing the chest waders and had on a belt around my waist. I tumbled down stream until I got on my butt. I then stood up and continued fishing. was still dry from my waist down. At that point in time I decided to just wet wade in the summer time. Been that way ever since.

Cliff

Steelhead
Now is the time to wade the Yak as flows are down around 1200 or less in the lower canyon.

The fall Haches are starting up and this may be the best time of the year for wader fisherman on the Yak in the lower canyon and above.

Dave
I just drove past it today and witnessed these flows, very nice. Unfortunately, I could not fish. I hope to be back over in the next week.