NFR XFL 2023 - Seattle Sea Dragons

Non-fishing related

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Please tell me this is her?!
God I had totally pushed that abomination out of my brain. That is objectively worse than Shitty the Dragon. (I don't know if the dragon actually has a name, but that's my name for him.)
I'm with you here, Buoy does nothing for me. Then again, neither does Seahawks Blitz, Mariner Moose, or Sammy the Sounder (I had to look that one up). But guess what? None of us are the target market. As long as the kids like it, that's a success and the rest of us will just have to stick with the other logos on our shirts and hats.

So much of what the Kraken has done for graphic design/branding has been at a minimum, very solid, and at best, awesome. The uniforms are cool, primary logo solid, secondary logo outstanding, Seattle music at the games, tossing stuffed salmon to the crowd, Popeye Atari music when a Kraken player gets out of the penalty box, Washington State Ferry goal horn, etc. So if they want to have a cheesy troll for the kids, more power to them. When mascots are designed for adults around here, you get drunk seafair pirates scaring toddlers and grabbing women's asses.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I do like the color scheme and think the colors look sharp, but then it's totally ruined by that ridiculous logo.
Uniform_sea_dragonss_smaller.jpg

And that's a massive downgrade from the 2020 season as far as the logo/branding (but it still wasn't very good)
iu

RCF

Life of the Party
I would watch the LFL before watching the XFL. I have never watched a LFL game because fishing is more important. Must be something about watching that pole dance...

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I do like the color scheme and think the colors look sharp, but then it's totally ruined by that ridiculous logo.

And that's a massive downgrade from the 2020 season as far as the logo/branding (but it still wasn't very good)

Everyone knows that the Sea Dragons' logo could be better. But what my book presupposes is..."What if it were worse?"

*NFL Europe Barcelona Dragons has entered the chat*

f5aecd092db5a2e6361c121bbeb1c7cc.jpg

GOTY

Steelhead
I also really like their take on the extra points after a touchdown. Way more exciting than an automatic kick through uprights. Basically you get a choice of a few options involving running another non-kicking play. Basically like a 2pt conversion in the NFL: · Teams will have three options for extra points following a touchdown

· 2-yard line = one point; 5-yard line = two points; 10-yard line = three points

· Replaces the traditional kick, providing teams a chance to score more points and build excitement within the game.
Brett Maher loves the XFL

Screenshot_20230131-112636~2.png

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
We get enough footsball during the year.
Go watch a WNBA game instead. More family oriented and you don't get all the drunken violence between the fans like you do at other "professional" venues.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
We get enough footsball during the year.
Go watch a WNBA game instead. More family oriented and you don't get all the drunken violence between the fans like you do at other "professional" venues.
I'm sure that will work for some people. I've just never had even the slightest interest in basketball. I've tried, but like baseball, does nothing for me.