Wild Steelhead

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Where would one find info on wild steelhead return forecasts for other Puget Sound, Canal and Straits rivers besides the Skagit?
I looked on the WDFW website, but didn’t see it. Perhaps I missed it.
Thanks for your input.
SF

Smalma

Life of the Party
SF -
Don't know if there aren't going to be a fishery that the co-manager goes through the process of forecasting a potential run size.

However,f interested in how the runs are doing the escapement info might be of interest. You can try WDFW's score tables. Search WDFW score go to the species drop box and click on steelhead. They will be listed by stock. The various stocks sometimes are not updated as frequently as one might want.

Curt

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
SF -
Don't know if there aren't going to be a fishery that the co-manager goes through the process of forecasting a potential run size.

However,f interested in how the runs are doing the escapement info might be of interest. You can try WDFW's score tables. Search WDFW score go to the species drop box and click on steelhead. They will be listed by stock. The various stocks sometimes are not updated as frequently as one might want.

Curt

Curt,
Thanks for the info.
Should have used escapement rather then forecast.
Yes, some of that info is a bit dated.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
This interactive map has good historical escapement data if you filter by winter steelhead. Likely the same data Curt mentions.

Yes, that is what I looked at after Curt’s suggestion.
I was just curious how my old home rivers were doing. The Green, Puyallup and Nisqually.
Surprisedly, the southern most Nisqually is doing the best based on the available data. None are doing great by any means.
SF