NFR Which one of you is $754M Powerball richer this morning?

Non-fishing related

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Someone from Washington state won last nights $754M Powerball drawing.

Which one of you was it and would you like to make a sizable investment in a fly fishing forum?

All I know is that it wasn't me. I rarely play the lottery, but I'm not above buying a ticket when the dreams get big. That said, for this drawing, I bought exactly zero. So I guess it's back to work this morning.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If I won that money, the LAST thing I would do is waste the remaining years of my life in politics.

Hard "no".
I totally understand as a community volunteer on several issues! Post if me wants to run for a couple positions but remaining life (and wife) says "NO".

But I didn't say you had to be the governor I just said "but the governor's seat"... Just like the special interest, tribes, and lobbyist do.

RCF

Life of the Party
By the time the person hires an estate planner, CPA, fiduciary investment advisor, lawyers, rewrites the will with professional help, security personnel, privacy consultant, pays local/state/federal taxes and real estate agent, there will not be much left...

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
By the time the person hires an estate planner, CPA, fiduciary investment advisor, lawyers, rewrites the will with professional help, security personnel, privacy consultant, pays local/state/federal taxes and real estate agent, there will not be much left...
I'm pretty sure that "not much" of $750M would still be plenty for me to live out my days fishing and snowboarding.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
You can avoid all of that extra nonsense by simply throwing a 750 million dollar cocaine party. Its elegant, timeless and functional

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You can avoid all of that extra nonsense by simply throwing a 750 million dollar cocaine party. Its elegant, timeless and functional
And it sure seems like a lot of people that win big do just that and are worse off in 5 years than if they never had the win

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
And it sure seems like a lot of people that win big do just that and are worse off in 5 years than if they never had the win
Honestly, for me, it would depend on if I could win publicly or privately. Willing publicly would open up a lot of ways that your life could get worse real fast. But I promise you that if I won a chunk of money privately, I could do just fine.

RCF

Life of the Party
Honestly, for me, it would depend on if I could win publicly or privately. Willing publicly would open up a lot of ways that your life could get worse real fast. But I promise you that if I won a chunk of money privately, I could do just fine.
Winning publicly would not be fun. Scammers, relatives you never knew you had, people wanting handouts, get rich quick schemes, obligations/bills you never knew about, requests for donations, thieves, the girl you got pregnant (immaculate conception) , etc. the list goes on and on.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Sigh, once again the state wont award me with millions so I can go play 🥵