hook - WFC Model 3 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 fire orange
tail - deer hair
rib - small wire gold
abdomen/thorax - Ice Dub claret
body hackle - black
wing - deer hair
front hackle - hen black
shoulder - partridge dyed Silver Doctor Blue (2 packs Koolaid Ice Blue Raspberry/1 cup water)

Regards,
Scott

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
The-Priest-1080.jpg

The Priest

Also known as Butcher Spider, Red Tailed Silver Spider and Silver Zulu

Soft Hackle Fly

Hook - Mustad 3399 or equivalent

Thread - Black

Tail - Dyed red goose quill

Ribbing - Silver wire

Body - Silver tinsel

Hackle - Black hen

Two Hundred Popular Flies - Tom Stewart

Scottp

Legend
Claret Sedgehog (variation)

52461608712_87fc2c3f2a_c.jpg

52462121916_d72841a0d1_c.jpg

52461606607_db65062fab_c.jpg

hook - WFC Model 3 #10
tag - Orvis Saltwater thread fluoro orange/resin
tail - deer hair dyed claret (1 Tbs Rit Wine/1 cup water)
body - Ice Dub claret
wing(s) - deer hair dyed claret
shoulder - pheasant rump dyed orange (1 Tbs Rit Sunshine Orange/1 cup water)

Regards,
Scott

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
Pink-Lady-Original-2-1080.jpg

Pink Lady

Salmon/Sea Trout

Tom Finlayson

Hook - Gamakatsu T10-6H or equivalent

Thread - Black

Tag - Silver tinsel

Tail - Golden pheasant crest

Ribbing - Oval Silver tinsel

Body - 1/2 green tinsel, 1/2 silver tinsel

Throat - Blue Eurasian jay wing feather fibers (Legal feathers only)*

Wing - Pink bucktail over badger guard hairs

There are other flies named "Pink Lady". This is just another variation.

*The Blue Jay feathers in your local wooded area or backyard are illegal to use.

Two Hundred Popular Flies - Tom Stewart

Scottp

Legend
Golden Olive Bumble (variation)

52463216413_479fce36f6_c.jpg

52462680011_d1bd48c31a_c.jpg

52463136700_38d1a9df17_c.jpg

hook - WFC Model 6 #10
tail - yarn sunburst/golden pheasant tippet
rib - small wire gold
body - Ice Dub orange body
hackle - dyed golden olive (2 Tsp Rit Golden Yellow, 1/4 Tsp Rit Camel/2 cups water)
shoulder - pheasant rump dyed golden olive

Regards,
Scott

Scottp

Legend
Muddled Mayfly (variation)

52463938227_c96a4eaef1_c.jpg

52463936382_bd56d8dc8a_c.jpg

52464437356_4ffbaec893_c.jpg

hook - WFC Model 6 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 light olive
tail - yarn flame/pheasant tail
rib - small wire gold
body - Starburst dubbing olive
hackle - olive
shoulder - pheasant rump dyed olive
collar/head - caribou dyed chartreuse (1 Tbs Rit Neon Yellow/1 cup water)

Regards,
Scott

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
I’ve been in a fly tyin’ funk for a while and decided on such a blustery day it was time for some simple feel good tying…so I did a bunch of reverse spiders in hopes of flinging them at some SRC once the rivers drop back down
F2A3E262-9002-44BB-8A03-ACF254454C3A.jpeg

Scottp

Legend
Melvin Octopus (variation)

52465789176_ba1bd2cb28_c.jpg

52466068204_bfc5869669_c.jpg

52466338018_29ae667a17_c.jpg

Made a few minor changes to Stan Headley’s original design.

hook - WFC Model 6 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 light olive
tail - yarn chartreuse
rib - small wire gold
body - Starburst dubbing olive
hackle - olive/dyed golden olive (2 Tsp Rit Golden Yellow, 1/4 Tsp Rit Camel/2 cups water)
1st shoulder - golden pheasant body feather red
2nd collar - pheasant rump dyed olive

Regards,
Scott

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
I've been inspired and motivated by all the PS saltwater tying for SRC and salmon, the talent, stories, successes, photos etc., great stuff! Having recently moved from Bend back to the sound and being in the middle of a remodel I've hardly fished this year but have been out a couple times for quick trips to a beach just down the road and connected with a couple which was very rewarding. I'm new to FF in the salt having gear fished the salt as a kid in the 70s including SRC at Kayak pt with spoons.

I'm excited to learn and experience all this fishery has to offer and must say the opportunities seem endless with the miles of beaches, the beauty and solitude compared to the streams I came from solitude wise is really something.

A pic of some attempts of incorporating ties I've seen on the board, they are rough and I've no idea if they'll produce but looking forward to giving them a shot and a pic of the local beach, I think its generic enough.

Thanks for the great content you all put up!20221030_195845.jpg20220928_141623.jpg

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
I've been inspired and motivated by all the PS saltwater tying for SRC and salmon, the talent, stories, successes, photos etc., great stuff! Having recently moved from Bend back to the sound and being in the middle of a remodel I've hardly fished this year but have been out a couple times for quick trips to a beach just down the road and connected with a couple which was very rewarding. I'm new to FF in the salt having gear fished the salt as a kid in the 70s including SRC at Kayak pt with spoons.

I'm excited to learn and experience all this fishery has to offer and must say the opportunities seem endless with the miles of beaches, the beauty and solitude compared to the streams I came from solitude wise is really something.

A pic of some attempts of incorporating ties I've seen on the board, they are rough and I've no idea if they'll produce but looking forward to giving them a shot and a pic of the local beach, I think its generic enough.

Thanks for the great content you all put up!View attachment 39117View attachment 39118
Those are all great fishy flies!

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Thanks for the great content you all put up!View attachment 39117View attachment 39118
Those look great to me! I'd have a tough time choosing which one to fish first. My only suggestion would be to add some options in chartreuse.