Whats in your smoker?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I really think more folks need to be open to giving Pecan a try.
I recently got some pecan chunks and chips when I restocked from the hardware store and will give it a try next go-round.

Bagman

Steelhead
I use my weber as a smoker, I find it easier to clean then my electric smoker. because I’m going in for thumb on Wednesday my wife and I though we (read her) would have me prepare the main dish. So here’s my smoked turkey, cherry wood in rotation with apple wood.

Attachments

• 2A4D828D-5FE9-4D9E-BCCA-6A1C9ABE583A.jpeg
    2A4D828D-5FE9-4D9E-BCCA-6A1C9ABE583A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 8BBB9C4E-EF4B-4A51-AC63-EBD1DE0F38B0.jpeg
    8BBB9C4E-EF4B-4A51-AC63-EBD1DE0F38B0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12

Dennisoft

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Preparing a ~16lb prime brisket to entertain with over the next couple of days:

IMG_20230602_184909.jpg

Does anybody here know if this hunk of meat at the end of the point will be any good? Normally I would trim any smaller/outlying pieces like this but tonight I left it on. I've no idea if it will burn to a crisp or turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

PXL_20230603_011318927.jpg

We'll know for sure tomorrow, hopefully around noon.

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
IMG_1575.jpeg
IMG_1577.jpeg
IMG_1582.jpeg
Late night smoking session (as per usual). Sides off a couple of coho and a pink. Fillet pieces are currently in the canner after a brief stint in the smoker. Bellies and collars from a 5 day beach binge got the full smoker cook and extra spice/sweetener.

EmergingFisher

Life of the Party
Recently got a Traeger and loving it. IMG_4656.jpeg
IMG_4676.jpeg
IMG_4694.jpeg

BUT I gotta say, when it comes to smoking salmon, nothing beats the Little Chief
IMG_4895.jpeg

We’ve been harvesting our fair share of pinks, and did a good size batch on the Traeger. My son got his first yesterday and wanted some smokes for company tomorrow. Threw it in the old Little Chief and it’s sensational. It’s almost like Luhr Jensen knows what they’re doing. Side note: used pellets from the Traeger in the Chief and they worked really well. I’ll keep the Little Chief ($5 estate sale) for the fish and do the rest on the Traeger.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Pork ribs, overnight marinade, 3hr smoke at 250, 2hr wrapped, with smoked bacon macaroni and cheese. Sauce and fire soon, ready to eat.
20230904_164059.jpg

Last edited: