Whats in your front wader pouch?

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Everything. Everything is in my front wader pouch. Everything else is in that weird internal flip pocket thing on the inside behind said main front pouch. If you saw me on the river you would think I'm a giant portly fellow. If you saw me in street clothes later on you would congratulate me on my epic weight loss and remark how good I look. *Well yes, I lost two fly boxes and a multitude of other forgotten materials fishing related and five pairs of sunglasses, thank you."

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
A small very sharp knife in case I need to cut my waders off in a hurry, a small dry bag holding my wallet, keys, and meds, as well as a bandana and some baby wipes.

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I emptied my flip pouch out last week as I packed my waders away for the next couple of months. All I found was a blue bandana and a wine cork. I have absolutely NO idea where the wine cork came from nor why it was in my waders. It was from a white wine, so that's sort of appropriate. White wines generally go well with fish….

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
A small very sharp knife in case I need to cut my waders off in a hurry, a small dry bag holding my wallet, keys, and meds, as well as a bandana and some baby wipes.
I’ve had some pretty close calls getting the waders off after a wild boozy night around the campfire but I’ve never thought about needing that quick of a response. That’s preparedness!

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
I’ve had some pretty close calls getting the waders off after a wild boozy night around the campfire but I’ve never thought about needing that quick of a response. That’s preparedness!
Ive had two close calls while wading over the years and one on the kayak.. i was stupidly wearing waders to kayak fish, and no over garment. i had put in at hoodsport to fish for chums, reached back to grab something from the crate and flipped in 5+ ft of water within arms reach of the shore. Lucky I didn't hit my head on the rocks. Took in about 2 gallons of water before I could get onshore.

Early on in my fishing journey, was wading the West Branch of the Susquehana, had a hot fish and made the mistake of not watching where i was going . Into a hole I went, and shipped water even wearing a belt. Again, warm weather, no over garment

The other was on the beach just north of Mount Pleasant, SC fishing for stripers when I got hit by a sneaker wave. Total drenching, but I had a wading jacket on that helped keep the Atlantic mostly out of my waders.

So yeah, I've learned to be a bit prepared.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Clippers, knife, lighter, and pen.

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
A lot of times I find steelhead jigs, flies, slinkies, Usually I find the sharp stuff while blindly putting my hands in my pocket.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I haven't worn my Chest waders in damn near 12 years now. I know where the fish now live and don't need waders in the summertime when ever I fish. Beside falling in the skinny water in the summer to me is refreshing and a good way to cool down. I usually stick my wallet in a zip lock plastic bag. My wallet has all my info on me in it. I don't stray far from my P/U so I don't need to carry any junk with me. And I keep my cell phone in my truck usually turned off. Where I like to fish is usually out of cell phone range.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Great thread. Let's keep it going. Outside zipper pocket is usually my phone & truck keys unless it's really wet then they go to the inside flappy thing.

Note- do not keep your favorite cold weather gloves in the hand warmer pockets!
You'll lose them when you...big surprise, put your hands in the hand warmer pockets since you're not wearing the gloves and then they will fall out when you take your cold damp hands back out. Irony is a bitch.