What some folks will do to go fishing…

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
I’ve been watching the weather and temps for the Okanogan for weeks. It’s been near triple digits for almost a month. Too hot to stay at the ranch with no AC. So I decided to head up Thursday only to find out that Hwy 20 was closed in addition to SR2. One for wildfires the other for a landslide. Damn, that leaves I90 and to get to it I had to putt along with the morning commuters, not my cup of tea. I90 moved along pretty good but added 50 more miles to the usual 250 and an hour and a half to the usual 5 hours. When I finally got to Wenatchee it hit Milepost 111 for a cold one, it was noon after all. Just the attitude adjustment I needed.

9159DC0D-78DE-4A02-ABE8-C455CE1591A2.jpeg

I rolled into the driveway around 3:00 and unloaded all my gear. I threw the Watermaster and Fishcat in the shop to inflate only to find I forgot my Kpump, crap!
Luckily I found a fitting in the FC pocket and using it and my compressor I got both inflated.

The yard was in need of some cleanup so this morning I tackled part of it, had lunch and a nap and finally around 2:00 I headed to the lake. Halfway across to the hot spot I picked one up only to have it LDR. The hotspot gave one up to the net but with a bloody lip.

9C1A3C10-8E9B-4268-B452-0438C4223C3A.jpeg

The hotspot cooled off after a while so I headed to the east end of the lake, an area we rarely fish. Do you ever get that feeling “cast over there”? Well, I did and it worked well, a hard slam on the Carey and off to the races. These fish are full of fight and pretty too.

AF206DAE-322E-45EF-9CA6-C31F80104EAB.jpeg

after that the bite really cooled off and moving found nothing new. So back to the ranch and some Chicken Tikka Masala for dinner. Not a bad day after all. It kinda made up for the drive over. Tomorrow I’m gonna chase some cutties…wish me luck.