What have you done for your boat lately?

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
So I got one of those fold up wheels to put under my pontoon boat. And when I went to use it I noticed it was hard to keep the boat balanced while you're rolling it down the road. So I decided to fix that.

IMG_20220717_090251139_HDR.jpgIMG_20220717_090639367.jpgIMG_20220717_090710247_MP.jpg

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Bow and stern anchor locks with mushroom anchors, Scotty's rod holders, and a trolling motor. Next up is a versatile cup holder for either beer or coffee.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I feel like I put a few hours of work in to my boat every week. This week: added a second transducer that I can use for higher definition in shallower situations. I have it so I can swap between that and my deepwater one them at the helm.

This morning I put a new ACR unit on for my batteries. Previous one wasn't rated for my alternator, so needed to upgrade.

Still so much I want to do, but trying to pace myself.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Getting ready to wet sand and buff the gel coat

Next step after that is new seats and wind shields.. after that is a new minn Kota ultrex trolling motor.. then next year it gets really expensive.... new electronics 10 inch hummingbirds front and back with pan optics or whatever hummingbird calls their live sonar.

cody-

Steelhead
I installed crossbars on the subaru's roof rack earlier this week so I can transport both inflatables. I forgot to get picture but the current setup has the float tube in the car and partially deflated, mostly deflated pontoon tubes and oars underneath, then the pontoon frame (Outcast Pac 800) secured to the roof. Worked pretty good and I can still see out my rear window.

Now I just need to see some fish on the end of my line... 😒

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Got an Anchor Wizard to replace the stern mounted Scotty anchor lock on my largest fishing kayak. The Scotty works fine, but I often avoid using it since it's a bit of a PITA to deploy and retrieve frequently. We'll see if the Wizard solves that minor problem.

Last edited: