What have you done for your boat lately?

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I cut the oarlock towers off of a 1" EMT raft frame and replaced them with NRS towers that I've had in a box for several years.
It gives me about 10 inches of extra spread and should improve the oar ratio immensely.
IMG-5567 (1).jpg
IMG-5568.jpg
IMG-5569 (1).jpg
If anyone can use the EMT risers, pay shipping and they're yours.

Attachments

• IMG-5567 (1).jpg
    IMG-5567 (1).jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 6

singlehandjay

Life of the Party
I'm bringing the outboard in to the shop to get some work done. This year was my first year on the water in a powerboat and I managed to make my motor not work anymore. Hopefully I can ask the mechanic to let me sit in when he does the work so I can watch. I'm like a monkey when I learn stuff.

Reactions: M_D

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Are those held on with U bolts? If so and they start slipping around, put a piece of rubber inner tube between the rail and the tower and bolt.
Good idea.
Yes, they are u bolts but they're what NRS sells with the towers. They're flat so they have much more contact on the gripping area.
I've yanked them around pretty good and so far no slippage...that said, I'll definitely have the right wrench with me on my maiden voyage. :D

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Just replaced the rod holder, use high density packing foam attached with a bit of caulking, get a couple of seasons out of them before the slots begin to lose grip...have to protect those rods when the e-motor has the boat screaming across the lake at 4 mph..lol
IMG_20220916_173556546.jpg

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
Nothing 🤪

I’ve a 11’6” journey in the last stages of build….my awesome water master that was tricked out with dual anchors and so on will be carefully cleaned and packed away as I look forward to being big assed pram man…there will be pics when I get it but work is killing me and it’ll be a month till some pics when I can get up to Kamloops and get her.

Dave

1663376033443.png

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I was kicking around the garage and ran across this old CB antenna.
My wheels started turning and I mounted to the front of my jet boat trailer as a bow guide.
It should be really beneficial when loading, especially in current or wind.
IMG-5680.jpg

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
installed a swing arm so boat fits in the garage with ample room behind it, amd bolted a frame onto a small 3 wheel movers dolly, makes it a cinch to manuver the boat trailer aound the garage, and just a few cranks of the arm and the tongue is off the hitch ball and onto the dolly.
IMG_20220927_221128072.jpg

Last edited: