What have you done for your boat lately?

Fourbtgait

Steelhead
Fourbtgait.... I had one of the earlier versions of that dolley and used it on a 10 ft rowboat for awhile. Be careful of how much weight is in the boat as my wheel junctions of the aluminum framework actually disintegrated the junction with the plastic. They have now gone to a plastic wheel as well. Mine was pneumatic and was always flat when I wanted to use it. I make an oak dowel to supplement the axle arrangement and it was okay but the wheels were still not as functional as I would like. It drove me nuts. I hope their improvements are a help and you enjoy the mobility of a cart.
Thanks. I have had another before plus built one from pvc. Hopefully the plastic tires do better than air filled which are always flat when you need, just like wheelbarrows are.
Total weight even loaded is more than likely lower than a 10’ rowboat or the 8’ pram this replaced.

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
What have I done for my boat lately? I took it fishing.
ySfqDLM10pSJYU-qm22_pC02MKuzH9WU4chPKlWlVfzRSH5w3nm3aMCgBU3SUbHBDBv3T-m2KaNJZyjue8PGDkik20558s5WNhxgIbyIfPcjghnOiCQkwBdkJsghxtDvqwY8y_b6dmhmHyBCvjJBAbhXyIqhuc0Lpl-hMT__62t_ZKeuX-uEhZj15M4ivEPmmOiAqzKYm-WPKk8mG_sxViVcRI9srE4ZYACrcM0As6RA43Px7hm9iAYpDf59TN9nxJaJLJ4CgIVZYndbsUzI5CwgqBgIizBm47sMIENRED7PqstGmuhr-OWl3NG72xkkERellypbVHpqYohzpl0HOp16FYFuUHkVN3oaP-vaVtWqdEWhY7bLfGfNa25KulvtU35gSux1mPQ-42M-K0Tz4js_fHFNwo-dYZWQ3BFUHT0ZsUpakAE8sgN0ESe_cP3phSaF4iaLgk6wnN7fUi0P7r5f_a2wP0LKyYsxRYDpHJOeP7CCfMAgmtziCsCFe2vFZWs0G2CGJqcDyUCSu2gKcmRqrdcSB49aPYtxDxklR14G0JnkA5DGPSI45Q6VFLkkf9wzh0C677i3rLMDhioP8QpYDah4S7IVGS3FMlS1vRPIjnrO32KBBJPwSX8y9DXe8mvz3i5ZQ847t-Dw2h8oXICHyZPtBWfFH7GL5dinfBrOT8_PEGAIa22-dabx1hVErxobCEPEjhG-IhUNptdghyDauV5ImMaMfcvu2sS7dH8mFrOO7SQ4I4yxlTMGgMGoSgEo0lMN0eXDqry6y_6q9_XSDXRX_j6KLvEv5_y0oWXLhYy3ZkcaHDJWyDsRwose1sLVcTn_Bug6etX8R26SLpaUs617W9KaM-CuUtFIaZh79msNzeldJcPcPHVQTgC6yrl0E1zFi0dvo7lXV8y49OlK_-6XWAntfttYo9NpdhKTNR8o=w597-h757-s-no

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Do you guys stand up in your prams to cast? Or mostly just stay seated? I've never used a pram.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Do you guys stand up in your prams to cast? Or mostly just stay seated? I've never used a pram.
It all depends on the pram. I’ve had heavily built prams that were very stable and comfortable for standing in, and very light weight ones that are easier to pick up and move around but because of their weight are much less stable for standing up in. “Sea” conditions matter too of course.
It gets back to the old sayin, “all boats are a compromise”. ;)

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
I mostly stand, much easier to cast and see. But my pram is very stable. Most if the guys I saw yesterday in 8 ft Oran’s sat the whole time.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Seated, wearing a PFD. My aluminum boat is a little over 11 ft., but it's light and not very stable for standing. Being 6' 3" doesn't help much either. Great boat otherwise.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
IMG_1147.jpg

I stand up in this wood pram more than I sit, it's stable, doesn't rock much at all and I keep my feet in the center of the footwell when standing. I bought a used Spring Creek pram (8' model) last year thinking I could cut way back on maintenance but the jury's still out. The Spring Creek pram is less stable and has less freeboard than "Shoal Man"; the few times I've used the new boat I wasn't comfortable with how easily it rocks when I stand. So sit down, right?

dep

Steelhead
View attachment 58189

I stand up in this wood pram more than I sit, it's stable, doesn't rock much at all and I keep my feet in the center of the footwell when standing. I bought a used Spring Creek pram (8' model) last year thinking I could cut way back on maintenance but the jury's still out. The Spring Creek pram is less stable and has less freeboard than "Shoal Man"; the few times I've used the new boat I wasn't comfortable with how easily it rocks when I stand. So sit down, right?
or consider selling the spring creek to me:unsure: