What do you do with your hot smoked salmon?

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I like eating hot smoked salmon alone. I love the flavor, and the process of making it. I much prefer cold smoked salmon but at the moment I am working with just a little chief and I don't have a freezer powerful enough to kill parasites. What do you do with hot smoked salmon once it's cooked? I'm trying to think of some creative ways to use some pinks this year and would love to hear what the members here like to do

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Not smoked, but you can make leftover grilled salmon into salmon burgers or a good salmon Caesar salad.
SF

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
Drop some into Alfredo sauce and toss with linguine. Works well with Pesto sauce and penne pasta also. Add into tomato, onion salad tossed with vinaigrette dressing. Mix it with mayo, like tuna salad, spread on baguette toast and top with avocado slices. Top on crackers spread with soft cheese. Mix with tomato soup. And my favorite, throw some in your mixed green salad..

Last edited:

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Smoked salmon chowder

ianpadron

Steelhead
Drop some into Alfredo sauce and toss with linguine. Works well with Pesto sauce and penne pasta also. Add into tomato, onion salad tossed with vinaigrette dressing. Mix it with mayo, like tuna salad, spread on baguette toast and top with avocado slices. Top on crackers spread with soft cheese. Mix with tomato soup. And my favorite, throw some in your mixed green salad..
Smoked salmon Alfredo really is a fantastic combo.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
There may be something I'm missing, but after I smoke in the little chief and cool the fillets I put them in a seal a meal and freeze. They last several weeks until the wife has eaten it all.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Smoked salmon chowder and smoked salmon sandwiches. I do the same with tuna as well.

Dips are good too. Quickly heated and dropped on a Caesar salad is super good as well.

After I smoke fish, I vacuum seal and freeze until use.

Bagman

Steelhead
This is pasta Con Nova. I place EVOO in a hot fry pan add 2 cloves chopped garlic one chopped shalllot, don’t let it brown add one bottle clam juice, ( white wine can be added at this time) simmer to reduce. Add smoke salmon that has been broken into small pieces. Pour in heavy cream and heat then dump in cooked pasta. Stir tell just coated.

Attachments

• 16F12D7D-3A05-49E9-82FD-E9535E3EEE8F.jpeg
    16F12D7D-3A05-49E9-82FD-E9535E3EEE8F.jpeg
    749.1 KB · Views: 5

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
Any variation of smorrebrod. Usually some sort of dairy (unsweetened thick yogurt, lebneh, cream cheese, etc), something pickled (capers, cornichons, dilly beans, lacto fermented veg), raw onion, fresh herb, maybe cucumber slices, maybe hard boiled egg.
This one is made with lox, but works equally as well with hot smoked salmon.

My version: one with hot smoked salmon, one with hot smoked halibut
IMG_20211016_142704.jpg